Regular Contributor

I want to,scream every time a hist says "pick it up!"  We are not picking anything up!  We  are paying for it!  God, do they think we are idiots?  PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR

Respected Contributor

O...K...A...Y...

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, but it's a fairly common expression.  "I'm going to the store to pick up some milk," for example.  You might as well get used to it. 

Super Contributor

How about when they say "we're all spending more time at home". I always say "thank you captain obvious".  🤪

Respected Contributor

Re: Want to Scream!

[ Edited ]

@LovemesomeQ1979   I'd be willing to bet that the hosts have been instructed to say something about us all ''being in this together''....It's their way of befriending the customer, getting on the same page so to speak - and making the customer feel that ''you can go ahead and buy this because we here at QVC, know what you are going through...but it's ok to '''buy it anyway !""

Honored Contributor

@LIPearl wrote:

I want to,scream every time a hist says "pick it up!"  We are not picking anything up!  We  are paying for it!  God, do they think we are idiots?  PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR

semantics.

Frequent Contributor

Really !! I can think of alot more stuff to scream about!!!!People net pick about stupid stuff!!!SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM !!!!You feel better now !!! Gezz  Stop watching !!! HA HA HA 

Valued Contributor

don't aggravate yourself by taking QVC too seriously

Honored Contributor

Relax you will live longer if you dont let something so trivial upset you.  Its a common well used expression and totally harmless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Want to Scream!

[ Edited ]

its a calculated way of taking the "money" out of the process, so that the customer isn't actually spending any, and yes it is rather annoying

ETA,  I bet that's one of the first phrases that is drilled into new hosts , never ask what did you buy