Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHO SPENDS $500.00 FOR A HAIR STRAIGHTENER?

[ Edited ]

For every high priced Dyson TSV there are a dozen more affordable throws, gloves, pajamas, robes, slippers, flashlights, kitchen shears, and more offered as TSVs.

Why such anger and bitterness and resentment over one item elevated in price......

Esteemed Contributor

I have a high-priced Dyson vacuum. Undeniably, it's good, but not worth or better than other American products. I think Dyson is making hay while the sun shines on Americans who want the best and think Dyson is it b/c of their prices. Dyson is more than willing to charge whatever the customer is willing to bear. 

Respected Contributor

I guess a Chevy compact car will take me where I’m going, but I prefer my Cadillac SUV.
Honored Contributor

Certainly not me!  Even if I had endless disposable money this wouldn't interest me.

Wish both QVC and HSN would offer a TSV which would appeal to a lot of people and go back to real TSV discount pricing🙂 which was many years ago!

Super Contributor

Wow! A lot of nasty comments ! Always amazes
me!
Valued Contributor

Actually this is one year old post

Super Contributor

What if the big hair of the '80's & 90's comes around again, as all fashion does & you're stuck with a $500 hair straightener!

Honored Contributor

As an absolute lover of very fine handbags, I'm first in line to say that what someone spends their money on is entirely their business!  I'm here to criticize Dyson.  I've owned a purple (animal) vacuum when they first came out.  It broke shortly after the warranty was up (clutch needed to be replaced).  So I took it to our local vacuum repair shop and it required a $176 repair.  Took it home and a few months later it broke again!  When I talked to the repair man it was again the clutch (part provided by Dyson).  He would wave that cost, but he also showed me all the Dyson items he had in his store to be fixed.  I was so not impressed that I threw that thing away (two repairs and I could have bought another one)  I've never bought another Dyson item again and switched vacuums to Shark (has never broken).  Would I buy a $500 Hair Straightener?  No.... I'd rather put that money toward a really cool purse!  But hey, that's just me.......Woman Very Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Beacon girl wrote:
Wow! A lot of nasty comments ! Always amazes
me!

Many of us are practical. In an unstable economy which we are living in, this purchase is reckless. 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Certainly not me!  Even if I had endless disposable money this wouldn't interest me.

Wish both QVC and HSN would offer a TSV which would appeal to a lot of people and go back to real TSV discount pricing🙂 which was many years ago!

How do you know It didn't appeal to people? They have had high-end hair tools before. If they didn't sell, they wouldn't keep repeating them.