Frequent Contributor

Been watching QVC for a number of years.  Check the channel from time to time to see if something new and different is on.  Recently when I turn it on there is nothing but expensive food, which I'm sure is because they want to take advantage of people not able to get to the grocery stores.  If you pay attention to the cost per pound of things the prices are at least triple what you will get it in the store.  I choose to do the math and wait until

I can do a pick-up or delivery from my local store.  Grocery items aside I turned on and the host was presenting a jean shirt for women.  This shirt was almost $140.00 with shipping and handling.  My husband walked thru and took one look and laughed.  He said what do they think their target market is?  I guess it's not me now.  

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCHING THE PRICES RISE

Prices are up everywhere, I noticed it in my local chain grocery store.  Q vendors are just passing it on to the buyer like everyone else.  They seem to have no trouble selling out so I guess there is a market for those who can afford and want it delivered.  As far as clothing, prices are up there too but I choose to shop where I can return for free and where there are sales, real sales not a few dollars off like the Q.

Honored Contributor

When I saw the prices on the many Susan Graver lunchtime specials today I realized the tremendous mark up on her prices. It really put things in perspective for me.

Honored Contributor

You are right.  Prices going up, wages and savings are not.  

There are ways to buy good quality at lower prices elsewhere.  Stay tuned for suggestions often offered here.  

Trusted Contributor

...and some of you want to have the clothing made here. What you would then say, when you could only window shopping?

Do you think the prices will be lower or even the same?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Why does ShopHQ offer good values on their clothing versus QVC and HSN. I was watching their channel the other day and noticed their clothing prices were reasonable. This just makes me wonder why such a huge difference. Just food for thought.

Valued Contributor

One reason this continues is, there are customers willing to pay those prices because they can.  As long as that happens, the prices will continue to rise because there's no deterrent for QVC (or anyone else for that matter) to keep the prices affordable to the masses.  

I would be terrible in this business because I look at it like if you keep the prices down, you will attract more customers.

Amazon and other companies have clothes of the same, if not better quality, for way less money and often with free s&h.  The prices are reasonable even with great reviews.   

It just depends on what people are willing to spend, and what they're not.  I'll be the first to admit I watch every one of my pennies and try to spend each one as wisely as I can.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

...and some of you want to have the clothing made here. What you would then say, when you could only window shopping?

Do you think the prices will be lower or even the same?

I know when I was growing up, in the 60's items were made here and the items lasted.  Nothing was disposable.  Things may have cost more but they lasted and there were unions so people were getting paid living wages.  Totally different times.  I believe factories should move back and have things made right.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 start saving then.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki 

How do the prices in Greece compare for similar items?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras