Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Kerstin and many of the hosts such as Allie Carr, Jane T talk incessantly about their kids.   It is just annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat @Kachina624  - I don't care to hear about the hosts' children either when I'm watching a show.  They need to keep it on their social media page.  Post all they want!

Valued Contributor

Re: Vendors on set

[ Edited ]

I never found Stan Herman "touchy feely". He is now in his 90's and I wonder that he has some muscle control complications, If you watch him remotely I have seen many times he is holding a sculpted owl in one hand.  As someone who had a family member with Parkinson's, I observed the family member would hold onto someone either holding hands with someone, or onto an object. I am not a doctor, but he may have something like that or balance issues, my grandmother (93) will have severe vertigo episodes randomly and always has a walker or something to grab onto.  He may "have to" hold onto someone. I am sure especially in this day and age HR is all over this and complaints can be filed if people on set are uncomfortable or feel actions of a vendor or fellow host/hostess are inappropriate,

Edited to add: to be fair I have only watched him for about 8-9 yrs, so I am not sure if there were times things may have "appeared" to a viewer to be possibly unformtable for someone.  Not looking for a battle just trying to provide a perspective from somoeone who has (and had) members of family who from an outsiders viewpoint may think they were overly affectionate or touchyfeel.

Esteemed Contributor

They need some gimmick to stop the slide:

Qurate Retail revenue down 16% 2Q2022

QXH down 12%

Zulily down 45%!!  (Project Athens will turn Zulily into the QXH clearance outlet.  Makes sense.)

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the vendor with the host instead of TWO hosts vying and fighting for attention. 

Occasional Contributor
I like it better with vendors remote as well. I feel the shows flow better without them in house. I don't even need the vendor reps really. I know what I want with or without them.
Esteemed Contributor

I like some vendors on set and others remote.

Just so they don't start all that huggy, kissy c**p and acting like they haven't seen them in forever when they just saw them back stage!

Super Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  Haha....yes, I can tell you're not a fan! I have to agree he does "hover" a little.

And like others on this thread I agree the hugging and kissing was becoming annoying back in 2018-19. I hope as the vendors come back on set that is gone entirely. Having said that I'd still like to see the vendors back....and more models. I can shop online, browse a catalogue, or go to the MAL anytime. But what made QVC special was meeting the people behind the product, watching the demos, seeing the fashions modeled in real time with details explained. All of this set the Q apart from those other shopping experiences.

Valued Contributor

I only watch some jewelry shows, so within those parameters: 

I like the off set vendor presentations when the setting adds to the product background.  

For example, with Kirks Folly you see Jenniefer's follied-up home. It's a plus because that's what she's selling. The whole magical twinkly escapism thing. Whereas when Jenniefer is in the studio, they've cut all that atmosphere out.

On the other hand, Scott from Jai selling from his barn adds nothing. He doesn't maximize the opportunity of controlling his own background. In fact his background is often distracting (eg until recently he had a huge trendy white plant stand that clashed with the stone wall behind it). He's not doing the modern barn look and he's not using the setting to enhance his product. It's achieving nothing but convenience. He's better off in the studio where he can work his charm. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer them on set.  The other option is to not have them at all; wouldn't that be great!!!!

I never liked the remote presentations; the sound was usually bad, there was often a delay, connection difficulties, etc.