Honored Contributor

It just hasn't been scanned yet by USPS.  They are often overwhelmed.  At our local post office they hire but have no time to train properly.  We had a new postal carrier walk around and around our house then saw me outside and asked where to put the mail.  I told that person through the mail slot in the front door.  This person never even knew anyone had mail slots now!!  

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Kachina624 !  The worst thing for me is the return process using the Smart Label.  You drop it at USPS or have it picked up, which I usually do, but once it's transferred to the "Agent" there is no tracking, just a huge black hole.  If the label is so smart, what can't it track through the whole process no matter how many agents are involved?Thankfully, I don't have many returns since I don't really buy that much from the Q.

HSN has a better system.  While they may only send a USPS return label, you can access a UPS return label through the order detail return options.  At least then tracking is available through to delivery.

Frequent Contributor

I sent my son and his family their Christmas package on Dec. 1, 2020,  and they did not get it until the end of March, 2021. It went fron NC to PA. Because of the pandemic and lack of active employees, the packages got piled up in PA. A postal worker there said they had huge bins piled up with undelivered packages. These are hard times and I don''t know when things will get better. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   yes I have received this message "Shipment Delivered to USPS, Package Acceptance Pending"  for St. Louis and then the next post will say it went on to another location like Iowa !  Strange   I don't understand why it would leave the delivery city and go on to another state.  Now I just checked the order that said it went on to Iowa and it has been changed to say it's on it's way here. That previous update has been removed so maybe it was  corrected before shipping onto Iowa   thank goodness

Respected Contributor

Well this is strange ! I did not type my above message in that format. I typed it in the normal pattern across the page and when I went back to look at it it's in a different format. Anyone know what happened ?

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Probably didn't get unloaded from the truck so continued its journey.  Too bad we can't travel as much as our packages. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Your problem is no different than QVC takes many days to ship an order.  I remember when I could count on receiving my orders exactly 4 days from the day I placed it.  Now, they are still preparing to ship it on day 4 and later.  Why so many days to prepare to ship an order?

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Some of my packages arrive in New York, then go to NJ, then come back to NY.  I try not to look, just have no expectation as to when they will arive, and then am happily surprised when I see them.  These travels are probably the reason why USPS does such a poor job, packages traveling to places they never need to go, taking unnecessary space and labor.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe    It's taking my clothing orders 2-3 days to ship.  I bet the Q is having hiring problems like everybody else. 

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas   I never even try to track returns.  I usually have so little invested in them, I really don't care when they get back, post and get refunded.  This an advantage of Easy Pay.