Respected Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@jellyBEAN, wow, that's terrible! Not only having your item arrive broken, but then having to clean up broken glass! Hope you get this issue resolved quickly! I'm guessing Pier 1 is off your ordering list in future, LOL!

You got that right.  I had no idea that in order to return a damaged item to Pier 1 you would need to take photos of the damage, forward to them for their approval and then work out your credit if they deem it is indeed a damaged item!!  No, I learned my lesson. 

When I told them I wasn't going to remove chunks of broken glass from this box they said I could not return it.  I had a long back n forth with 2 people over the phone about it and will be returning it, but I'll be out all the shipping for the item.  Very unfair to me as its a very large fragile item.  As I stated it should not have been delivered in the first place by UPS.  It was OBVIOUS the box was severely damaged and wide open with glass chips falling out.  I knew it the minute I saw the box.  However, I don't think they marked the box FRAGILE or anything regarding containing GLASS which was the fault of Pier 1.  I'll have to check the box out better when I tape it up.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Once the holiday season hit, our mail (USPS and UPS) can come very late.  Last year our regular mail (USPS) was coming at 8 p.m. and later at times.  Same with UPS.  When Christmas is even closer, UPS packages go to an area at our clubhouse (locked) and then loaded on golf carts and delivered. Nice part time jobs for college students.

Trusted Contributor
@jellyBEAN, I don't think Customer Service could get any worse than Pier1!!! Unbelievable! Pictures, wait for them to decide about obvious damages, work out credit and then eat shipping costs?????? What??? Hope you get everything resolved soon!!!
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:
@jellyBEAN, wow, that's terrible! Not only having your item arrive broken, but then having to clean up broken glass! Hope you get this issue resolved quickly! I'm guessing Pier 1 is off your ordering list in future, LOL!

You got that right.  I had no idea that in order to return a damaged item to Pier 1 you would need to take photos of the damage, forward to them for their approval and then work out your credit if they deem it is indeed a damaged item!!  No, I learned my lesson. 

When I told them I wasn't going to remove chunks of broken glass from this box they said I could not return it.  I had a long back n forth with 2 people over the phone about it and will be returning it, but I'll be out all the shipping for the item.  Very unfair to me as its a very large fragile item.  As I stated it should not have been delivered in the first place by UPS.  It was OBVIOUS the box was severely damaged and wide open with glass chips falling out.  I knew it the minute I saw the box.  However, I don't think they marked the box FRAGILE or anything regarding containing GLASS which was the fault of Pier 1.  I'll have to check the box out better when I tape it up.

Contact your credit card company and dispute the Pier 1 charge.   Provide the order information, the UPS tracking number, and a photo of the broken glass.   Your CC company will deal with Pier 1.   Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:

Contact your credit card company and dispute the Pier 1 charge.   Provide the order information, the UPS tracking number, and a photo of the broken glass.   Your CC company will deal with Pier 1.   Good luck. 

Yes, I had planned on doing this when I receive the bill.  When I looked over the box today it was not marked FRAGILE or HANDLE W/CARE or contains GLASS - nothing - so Pier 1 was at fault here and UPS handlers just destroyed the box in transit.  When will I ever learn?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

If you ever talked with anyone who works for UPS....writing "Fragile"  on a box means nothing....It needs to be packed well...

Occasional Contributor

ordered steaks from hsn. delivered not by ups truck but by"RYDER TRUCK RENTAL" I give up!!did anyone else have this problem?

Respected Contributor
@ykoops UPS does rent trucks like you stated during Peake times where their volume is very high. In my area, mostly during Fall/Winter holiday season. I don’t consider it a problem, they are just addressing the volume of deliveries in your area. The main thing is you received your package.
Trusted Contributor

@ykoops wrote:

ordered steaks from hsn. delivered not by ups truck but by"RYDER TRUCK RENTAL" I give up!!did anyone else have this problem?

I don't understand the "problem."   You got your delivery so what difference does the truck make?   They often use rental vehicles if they need to. 

Occasional Contributor

the problem with my delivery was the steaks where not frozen. mushy bloody dethawed is that a good enough answer. i should have mentioned that. you eat them!!