Contributor

There has been an uptick in testimonials calls in the past week. These calls do not make me purchase an item. Many of the calls are cringeworthy. I hope this is a temporary thing.

Trusted Contributor

Agreed.  These are sooooo 20th century.

Respected Contributor

I agree that testimonials on air do nothing to persuade me to buy an item. Honest reviews by people who actually purchased the item from QVC do have a bearing on my decision plain and simple. 

Honored Contributor

🤔 I think they are targeting a specific mature demographic for whom that sales tactic proved to be successful many sunsets ago, or perhaps testing the waters with its younger viewership. It OBVIOUSLY is not working with everyone.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Comm'on @SandySparkles .  There are stupid people in all demographics.  Most seniors are moxey enough to know those calls are to be taken with a grain of salt.  We're  not all senile.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
I must agree, they are cringeworthy and have no bearing if I decide to purchase a product or not.
Not sure the purpose.
Honored Contributor

I was watching one TSV night - I think it was Jane and Susan Graver. Someone called in. The "clues" pointed to someone younger, like maybe 30's or 40's. Although she of course didn't give her age, her voice and the way she talked led me to think that.

Jane and Susan seemed to almost "fawn" over her,. I could tell they were very happy she called in. They always treat their callers with kindness, but this just seemed to be different.

I think, as we all do with everything they're doing, the pull to attract younger viewers is strong!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Comm'on @SandySparkles .  There are stupid people in all demographics.  Most seniors are moxey enough to know those calls are to be taken with a grain of salt.  We're  not all senile.

@Kachina624 😂😂 I wholeheartedly agree! I did not say it was SUCCESSFUL!😂😂 I really think they are testing the waters, but judging by some of the these posts, perhaps there needs to be a NEW test!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Those calls don't make me buy either. They make me mute. 😩

Trusted Contributor

Again, I seem to be in the minority of many posters. The calls don't bother me a bit. I am usually doing something around the house while listening to QVC so I never put a lot of weight into anything said by a caller and don't listen to every word.

I actually find it better than listening to hosts talk about their family on every item they present. Given the choice, talking about daughters or listening to callers? I would choose the caller any day.