Respected Contributor

Re: TWO OF MY NEIGHBORS CANCELLED THEIR ACCOUNTS

Haven't we all heard the phrase, "There's nothing free in this life." or said another way, "There's no free lunch".

What has been offered to new QVC shoppers has no bearing on what I will purchase.  I still use the same parameters to decide if I need or want something enough to order it, free S&H or not.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 "That’s quite a leap you take @FancyPhillyshopper  “attract many who have limited outside activities in life” How did you come up with that one?"

Manny2 these dime store psychologists are a dime a dozen.   

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the shipping charges from QVC are bad at all - in fact they are reasonable compared to other online vendors who do charge shipping.

It is just the issue of new people getting free shipping, when the rest of us customers who have stuck around through all their problems, have to pay shipping.

While that is not enough for me to cancel my account, if that is even possible, it is enough for me to stop buying from them, for as long as I can hold out.  If I hold out long enough, maybe the impulse buying habit will go away.  That is what I am hoping for.  I don't need a darn thing, but that has not stopped me from buying in the past.  Now I have two reasons to not buy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

I'm not happy that they are giving new customers free shipping until the end of January 2023.  I know life isn't fair but what about their loyal customers?  I refuse to buy anything now unless it is a free shipping day.  When an item is under $20 and you have to pay $5.50 shipping it is not worth it.  I can see giving them some free shipping but over 3 months worth?  They can end up losing more customers than gaining them.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips "While that is not enough for me to cancel my account, if that is even possible, it is enough for me to stop buying from them, for as long as I can hold out.  If I hold out long enough, maybe the impulse buying habit will go away.  That is what I am hoping for.  I don't need a darn thing, but that has not stopped me from buying in the past.  Now I have two reasons to not buy."

I have decided to stop buying from QVC until 1/31/23.  Once the free shipping offer is over for new customers I will continue to purchase from QVC.  

Regular Contributor

If you do not care what others shop, think or do than why are you on this forum?  Reviews are with the products, not necessarily on the forum.  We all have a right to voice our opinions and I for one think it stinks that new shoppers get 3 months of free shipping on everything.  

Regular Contributor

I will not order anything else from QVC unless it is a free shipping day.  I need to quit shopping and get my Q card paid down.  I've burned it up buying gifts as well as for myself.  I have cleaned out my wish list and am going to really try not to be tempted!

Esteemed Contributor

@Skididdy 

If it's your thing, it's your business and your choice!  There is nothing wrong with you. Many have done something similar, me included, but won't admit it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@manny2 "That’s quite a leap you take @FancyPhillyshopper  “attract many who have limited outside activities in life” How did you come up with that one?"

@lgfan wrote:

I know @lgfan  and not a very good analysis.  People vent about different things. That’s why we have discussion boards. Let them vent!

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

This seems like so much drama.  

@RollTide2008 

Way too much drama