Honored Contributor

THREADS STARTED ON WRONG FORUMS

I’m noticing on Community Chat, for example, there are threads on losing a cat (should be Pet Forum) & a thread about knee surgery (Wellness). 

Can anything be done to keep this on track and the topics separated?

Trusted Contributor

Re: THREADS STARTED ON WRONG FORUMS

@Shanus  No offence to you but I really pay no attention what forum a post is in. If I am interested in the topic I open it and read. I always use the All Forum Topics when I come here.

Honored Contributor

I see mods moving threads to a more appropriate location quite a bit. If you notify them they may move it. Personally, I don't care.

Honored Contributor

Personally I feel that there is enough monitoring.

Simple enough to skip a post if it bothers you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I've said from the beginning - "What difference does it make"?

Trusted Contributor

I see the moderators moving a discussion to the correct forums sometimes. However, (this is just my viewpoint) but I see the Community Chat as a generic forum where most anything is discussed, and that's okay. Some who come to these forums with something important on their minds might first choose Community Chat, because it is the most used forum. I don't think there should be a rule that says only topics that don't have their own forum title should be posted there.

Valued Contributor

@grandma2pkmh  I agree with you 100 percent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's done intentionally, just first place to post is CC..  I don't pay any attention really.  If the mods see fit to move them, then they will..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

When I have a question, I do make an attempt to choose an appropriate forum.

Otherwise, I just read based on the titles and seldom even look at the forum I'm in.

If everything really were in the "right" forum, I'd most likely seldom read jewelry, shoes, holiday, wellness, sports, TV and Movies, Pet lovers, Mom to mom -  and that would be sad because I know I've stumbled into those forums and learned!

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

I’m noticing on Community Chat, for example, there are threads on losing a cat (should be Pet Forum) & a thread about knee surgery (Wellness). 

Can anything be done to keep this on track and the topics separated?

@Shanus

Oddly enough, I just emailed the QVCSocialTeam@ QVC.com asking this very question.

Community Chat has become a dumping ground for many topics that 'belong' on another forum, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.