Contributor
Remember the flash pad qvc was constantly peddling at christmas? Well Shawn announced it was coming up soon on her show! How many did qvc buy? The products. being shown are more than boring. The flssj pad is on now.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Flashpad advertisements for years before I finally bought the new ones at Christmas. I knew I was taking a chance, given the reviews. I had to buy FIVE to get TWO that actually worked (for the most part). I kept one and gave one to my son, sort of as a "joke" gift. Of course, QVC paid for me to return the other three! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But in all honesty, we have both enjoyed them. I don't have any interest in some of the games on it, but the ones I do like have been fun and a pleasant distraction at times. You're usually playing against yourself... it's like, oh, I know I can do better than that! I can play games on my computer, but at times I just like to get away from it (a five-year old desktop), and just sit on the couch and fiddle with the Flashpad. Since I have a little arthritis in my hands, it does help with dexterity, I think.

A couple of other posters here had a running joke with me about my Flashpad {#emotions_dlg.w00t}... they even threatened to call the men in the white coats when I confessed to buying it! (You know who you are!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anyway, to each his own. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you want to risk having to send some back in order to get one that works! But I do honestly enjoy it from time to time! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Wink

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 kittymomNC said:

I watched the Flashpad advertisements for years before I finally bought the new ones at Christmas. I knew I was taking a chance, given the reviews. I had to buy FIVE to get TWO that actually worked (for the most part). I kept one and gave one to my son, sort of as a "joke" gift. Of course, QVC paid for me to return the other three! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But in all honesty, we have both enjoyed them. I don't have any interest in some of the games on it, but the ones I do like have been fun and a pleasant distraction at times. You're usually playing against yourself... it's like, oh, I know I can do better than that! I can play games on my computer, but at times I just like to get away from it (a five-year old desktop), and just sit on the couch and fiddle with the Flashpad. Since I have a little arthritis in my hands, it does help with dexterity, I think.

A couple of other posters here had a running joke with me about my Flashpad {#emotions_dlg.w00t}... they even threatened to call the men in the white coats when I confessed to buying it! (You know who you are!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anyway, to each his own. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you want to risk having to send some back in order to get one that works! But I do honestly enjoy it from time to time! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Wink

Hey KITTYMOM......oh no your favorite product...the FLASHPAD!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol} I think you will be getting a phone call soon inviting you to a Flash Pad Competition with the hosts.Wink..As much as we kid you, if you do like playing it...ENJOY! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

But gee I must agree with the OP, it appears the Flashpad isn't just for Christmas any more....did QVC buy the entire company that makes these Flashpads...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/21/2015 kittymomNC said:

Hey KITTYMOM......oh no your favorite product...the FLASHPAD!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol} I think you will be getting a phone call soon inviting you to a Flash Pad Competition with the hosts.Wink..As much as we kid you, if you do like playing it...ENJOY! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

But gee I must agree with the OP, it appears the Flashpad isn't just for Christmas any more....did QVC buy the entire company that makes these Flashpads...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

What I'm really afraid of is that Stevieb will be calling the men in the white coats for me again! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I'm going to be afraid to answer my doorbell! {#emotions_dlg.lol}Wink

Honored Contributor

I have one and we have great fun with it at family get togethers. Make fun if you want but it's a lot of fun and everyone from young to old can use it.

Honored Contributor

Why in the world would anyone spend money on a flashpad. junk junk junk. If you have a tablet or computer or laptop, you can play the game.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/24/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Why in the world would anyone spend money on a flashpad. junk junk junk. If you have a tablet or computer or laptop, you can play the game.

I'm one of those people who you apparently think is dumb enough to spend money on this product. I have a five-year old Dell desktop computer which I will use until it dies because it does everything I currently need. And yes, I can play games on it. However, I cannot play the games that are on this Flashpad, and sometimes I like to just curl up in a chair or on the couch and play while watching TV. Everyone does not have a tablet or a laptop, nor does everyone even want one.

As I said, a couple of the games don't work right, but I don't care about those. The ones I do enjoy work fine and I am perfectly happy with my $30.00 purchase as opposed to what I would have to spend on a tablet or laptop, IF I wanted either one. {#emotions_dlg.glare}