Contributor

03/15/22 Received a package that I wasn't expecting, in it was a small QVC box with  a smiley face necklace like from the dollar store. A yellow paper  hand written with the date 11/29/21 and my account number. Dear QVC shopper the return center has found it necessary to send back your recently returned item because: no order information was included and, therefore, we couldn't identify the item to process a refund.  the return summary information you provided does not match the item. 

I am very concerned because my account # was on the paper and it was sent to my old address. 

Also twice this year I have received items that I didn't order, does anyone have any insight? Yes I called C/S about the unordered items & was promptly issued a refund?

Honored Contributor

No matter what the cause, I would cancel my account and set up another one, perhaps in the name of your husband or your middle name if you don't have one. Also switch your method of payment.  This may be completely innocent, but this will continue if things are left as they are.

Super Contributor

I have not experienced exactly this but I received a "new" Kim Gravel top with return paperwork from someone in Arizona in the package. Her name, address, account number, etc were included on the return slip. I was concerned that this person may not been properly credited for her return so I sent the return slip directly to the address in Arizona with a note of explanation. I kept the top and hope all was taken care of on her end. Obviously I received a returned top that was handled carelessly. The whole thing felt a bit weird. 

Honored Contributor

@mspemberley    Why would you keep merchandise that was obviously sent to you in error?  It doesn't belong to you and should have been returned to QVC with the invoice so they could handle the return.

QVC obviously made a mistake but you also.mishandled it badly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LML wrote:

03/15/22 Received a package that I wasn't expecting, in it was a small QVC box with  a smiley face necklace like from the dollar store. A yellow paper  hand written with the date 11/29/21 and my account number. Dear QVC shopper the return center has found it necessary to send back your recently returned item because: no order information was included and, therefore, we couldn't identify the item to process a refund.  the return summary information you provided does not match the item. 

I am very concerned because my account # was on the paper and it was sent to my old address. 

Also twice this year I have received items that I didn't order, does anyone have any insight? Yes I called C/S about the unordered items & was promptly issued a refund?

they issued YOU a refund?

Honored Contributor

Re: Strangest Thing

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspemberley    Why would you keep merchandise that was obviously sent to you in error?  It doesn't belong to you and should have been returned to QVC with the invoice so they could handle the return.

QVC obviously made a mistake but you also.mishandled it badly.

@Kachina624 - I may be wrong, but I think @mspemberley means someone else's return slip was included with the item she (mspemberley) ordered.  Someone returned it and it was shipped out to her without the warehouse staff removing the other shopper's return slip.

I had this happen to me many years ago.  My DH was insistent that he wanted the Deni meat slicer (why I don't know).  So I ordered it and, when it arrived, it had someone else's return slip in it.  To add to that, it had been used and the customer said it wasn't what he wanted.

I was also concerned that he wouldn't have gotten the refund he deserved and contacted CS.  They assured me he would've, but I've never been sure.  They also told me a used item should never have been sent to me and asked me to dispose of it.  They sent me a brand new one.

Want to know the real irony?  The guy lived only miles away from where I am!  I've often wondered, if I should've gone to his house and told him what happened.

(Oh, and the $100 Deni meat slicer remains in our basement unused to this day.)  Woman Frustrated

Contributor
To Kachina. I’m not mspemberly but I think what she was saying is that she ordered a “new” Gravel item and what she received was someone else’s return. Now we all know that QVC does this, but they failed to remove that customer’s info.
I just received an as is item. I got home late and just removed my receipt from the outside of the box, the next day I pulled out the item (temp-tations) and saw a return receipt in their marked defective with some of this persons info on it. I’m upset that they sold me an item clearly marked defective and that someone’s info is there for me to see I don’t want my info getting (return) sent to someone else.
Hopefully mspemberly will explain more but I think this is what she meant
Respected Contributor

@Venezia   I have a meat slicer that I got on clearance at JC Penneys years ago.  I finally started using it when I got my bread machine, it's so easy to cut the exact same slices on my loaf with those gadgets!  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Venezia   I've gotten dozens and dozens of returns but never another customer's invoice. I think that's highly unlikely.  I have several times gotten another customer's merchandise complete with their invoice, which I returned to QVC.  Last week I got a sealed bag containing just another  customer's invoice, no merchandise.  The tracking number was for my order which I didn't receive until the mods resent it.  Sigh, I guess anything's possible.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@anonymous 8 @Venezia @mspemberley Would be nice if she would clarify.