Respected Contributor

They were awful 20 years ago. And very unflattering on full-figured women as it cuts the body into sections - top, middle, bottom. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Shrugs? Talk about dated!

I couldn't agree with you more @ellaphant . Didn't like them then and don't like them now. Never had one.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant My 20's granddaughter wore them some years ago and she looked darling in them.

Honored Contributor

I find them great for OVERLY air-conditioned places in the summer

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Like most clothing items I have seen them worn in a great way and not so much other times.  And that goes for all sizes and shapes.  

I'm dated, so I don't have a big issue with "dated" if I like it.  I don't see shrugs as "dated."  They are simply another iteration of a bolero jacket--a real classic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont like them for me so I dont pay much attention to them.  Unless I missed it I only saw 1 presented, nothing to get upset about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   I like shrugs.  Find them very useful.  If they don't fit your body type, don't buy.  And I don't think they are "dated."  

Esteemed Contributor

Is there something wrong with "dated"? I never wore shrugs and don't have any. I just don't care about how they look on me. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I like them for the many reasons stated already, but they do not look good on my body type.  I have tried a few and just did not like the look.

As far as dated, those styles from years ago are always re-imagined and brought back for the younger generation, and they look great in them.  They never go out of style.

Esteemed Contributor

Since two different topics are being addressed here, we need more precise definitions.

What is "full figured", size 5x?  size 14?

What is "dated", 10 years?  20 years?