Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stacey S. New Cooking Show

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I cannot watch her, no matter how hard I try.  Her voice is so nasel, it goes through me like chalk on a blackboard.  I had to turn the dial and just check out what was on on .com

@lovesallanimals- OMG I thought I was the only one. When I saw her the first time, she was presenting with Judith Ripka's assistant, the blonde woman with the glasses with the dark frames. Stacey was trying to show a piece of JR jewelry but she was so awkward. She stretched out her words like, this bracelettttt is ummmmmmm let's seeeeeeeeeee sevennnnnnnnnnn inches longgg. I wish I could say she's gotten better with experience, but I can't. She's very pretty but her presentation skills are lacking. I'm actually surprised she's still around. Maybe the cooking show will work out for her. I think I heard she's a good cook. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I have to agree with OP. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but her voice and shouting has me changing the channel pronto. Woman Frustrated

I read so many posts that mention hosts are shouting, yet I never witness it. I have never seen any host shout. I haven't seen all of Stacey's shows, but I've seen her quite often, and I have never seen her shout. It's weird that others seem to see this quite often, and I never do.  Are you sure she and others are shouting, or is the TV volume set too high?

Kerstin L has a habit of shrieking during her presentations. When she tries to convey enthusiasm, she will do it. Jacque G used to do this all the time too. Shouting, shrieking, however one calls it, it’s loud and unnecessary.

Esteemed Contributor

@fourleggedfriends

Totally agree. The timber in Stacy’s voice hurts my ears and Mary Nelson’s too. I turn them off
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch her food show, but I agree with the posters about her very nasal sounding voice. I usually don't watch her because she is awkward and nasal sounding. I did watch the QVC 2 Or Paz show with Danny a few weeks ago and the whole thing was painful. I guess if you can't tolerate her you need to change the channel.