Honored Contributor

I have seen a few of them and in my opinion this is a very good group.  The ones I have seen (can't recall all the names) have good speaking voices, speak slow enough that they can be understood and give appropriate information.  They are mostly still "teaming" with a more experienced host.     I also feel that Cathy Pedrayes is doing a fine job.  She and Courtney Khondabi do excepionally well and I think are the best of the previous hires.   

Trusted Contributor

I saw two of them and they were so pretty but I really did not see each host for a long enough time to judge how they are doing.  You are so right about Cathy and Kourtney as they are my favorites too and are both so good at fashion and just being a host.  I think they have the job down and I look forward to them getting promoted to having their own shows as they deserve it.

Super Contributor

My favorite is Mary Nelson, love her big smile and enthusiasm.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, Kathy & Kourtney are doing great and the little bit I've seen of the newest newbies seem very promising. A few of the long time hostesses better up their game!! They need to dampen down the sillyness, shrieking & speed talking.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't care for Kathy in the beginning but she has matured and is doing a good job.  Kortney is excellent and I do like Kristen Zell too.  Unfortunately I can't lsten to Mary Nelson.  Her voice is like chalk on a blackboard to me and I don't like the way she talks over the expert vendors.  She presents herself beautifully, dressed very professional  but the minute she starts to speak, I'm gone.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Newest Group of Hosts

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

I have seen a few of them and in my opinion this is a very good group.  The ones I have seen (can't recall all the names) have good speaking voices, speak slow enough that they can be understood and give appropriate information.  They are mostly still "teaming" with a more experienced host.     I also feel that Cathy Pedrayes is doing a fine job.  She and Courtney Khondabi do excepionally well and I think are the best of the previous hires.   

QVC did a much better job in selecting and hiring this group. I applaud Mary Beth Rowe for her continued work with every group in training them. The previous group must have been a disappointing handful. This new group is a feather in her cap! They appear to be  professional-minded women who are intelligent and willing to work; no games or crazy antics required to sell products. Those "tricks" didn't work very well. Nice to have 2018 over and new hosts begin a New Year!

Cathy Pedrayes, Courtney Khondabi and Mary Nelson have been stellar hosts from the day they appeared on air. QVC is fortunate to have each of them. They are well-groomed, articulate in the speaking, intelligent, know their products extremely well and are graceful and kind to Sales Reps. It's a joy to watch them interact with others and sell products! QVC is finally moving in the right direction. YEA!  I look forward to the newest hosts with positive anticipation. From what I've seen, I'm pleasantly impressed. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I didn't care for Kathy in the beginning but she has matured and is doing a good job.  Kortney is excellent and I do like Kristen Zell too.  Unfortunately I can't lsten to Mary Nelson.  Her voice is like chalk on a blackboard to me and I don't like the way she talks over the expert vendors.  She presents herself beautifully, dressed very professional  but the minute she starts to speak, I'm gone.  

@mspatmac ..... I love Mary Nelson ..... her voice has gotten so much better & she has become a top notch host ... she does a GREAT job ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Newest Group of Hosts

[ Edited ]

Of the prior group Courtney Khondabi appears to be the most successful and has moved on to prime time hours; she will be co=hosting a show with Rick called "Q the Deals" in addition to new PM Style duties.  Congratulations to her.

I have now seen all of the 6 latest new hosts. Anthony is very good.  Of the rest they all seem bland, cookie cutters and more of the same.

Cathy; definitely wins the most improved award.

And personally, I have detected absolutely no change to the timbre of Mary Nelson's voice.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

I think both Cathy and Mary are fine hosts but IMO they both need voice training.  I really like Courteny Khondabi.  I'm surprises Kristine Zell is still there to be honest.

Out of the new hosts, I've only see Ali Carr, Terri Conn and another blonde woman who is originall from the West Chester area but then moved to NYC and is now back to WC.