Contributor

St Patrick's Day programming

I know many will disagree with me but WTH, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I miss the "old" days of 24 hr Saint Patrick programs. There was so much diversity. I have many items that I ordered "back then". There were how many hrs today? 6? 7? Heck, it's one day out of the year, 363 other days for the naysayers. I want to see more than just sweaters (I have several already) and jewelry that I cannot afford. I don't know if the Q can't get the vendors, the vendors don't want to do the Q or what. I enjoy the Belleek because it is true Irish and unique, ordered a piece today. But I hardly buy anything from QVC any more, been this way for at least 7 or 8 yrs now. Prices have gone out of sight, quality is NOT what it used to be. My favorie Denim & Co is not sold anymore and I have been ordering and wearing them for 20 yrs or so.  The replacement item is NOT a good replacement and also double the original price. So, just venting, JMHO.

Contributor

Re: St Patrick's Day programming

I agree, I have always looked forward to St. Patrick's Day on QVC, but year after year it has disappointed. I miss the Irish band playing in the replica pub, the intermitent videos of the Irish countryside, the snippets of Irish history and lore. I purchased a lot of products back then, it was a day of escape to Ireland. Todays TSV is a computer, not even an Irish product. Today is wholly disappointing. Very sad.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've been watching the Irish shows on QVC and QVC2 all day.  There are 9 hours of St. Patrick's Sale programming on each channel, 18 hours total, for today.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blackeyedsusan    

I completely agree with everything you've said.  They should have a full day of programming on St Patrick's Day.  I miss seeing all of the brands that made it special too.  It's funny you brought up Belleek because I was just talking about that the ther day in a thread.

Everything they're showing is priced so outrageous too.  Makes it easy for me to pass on most all the stuff I see.  

I agree with you about the D&Co pants you're talking about as well.  They're a simple design.  It can't possibly be that hard to find a factory to make them exactly like they were.  There's no reason for the price to have doubled either!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

NO REASON FOR PRICES TO INCREASE YOU SAY.  yOU NEED A NEW SOURCE FOR CURRENT INFO.

EVEN THE HENS HAVE RAISED EGGS BACK UP TO OVER $4 - $5. AFTER DROPPING TO $3

SELECTION OF QVC CLOTHING IS ANOTHER ISSUE - WHICH I AGREE......

Trusted Contributor

@River Song wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've been watching the Irish shows on QVC and QVC2 all day.  There are 9 hours of St. Patrick's Sale programming on each channel, 18 hours total, for today.

There may be 18 hours of programming, but there certainly are not 18 hours of different merchandise.  I have seen the same sweaters and jewelry again and again.

Valued Contributor

Maybe Irish goods are just not selling anymore. Yes there were many hours on today I suppose but I recall seeing so many more items than sweaters and jewelry. There were ceramics, English cottages, crystal vases, paintings, walking sticks, perfumes like Inis, wool throws and wraps, etc. The whole day was like a party. 

Honored Contributor

St. Patrick's Day just may be a little overrated by the shopping channels. I went shopping at a local mall today...and was the ONLY person wearing green.   (Just a thought, di)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Blackeyedsusan  It was great to see the Irish product vendors in studio. Yes, it's not like the old days., but it's better than the covid days. I love everything Ireland and would love to see solid Irish products, but QVC has to make business decisions. Sigh...

Respected Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

@River Song wrote:

There may be 18 hours of programming, but there certainly are not 18 hours of different merchandise.  I have seen the same sweaters and jewelry again and again.

@Bookplate  I agree.  The same items over and over all day.

There is no variety in products.  I am wondering if the Irish companies are small and cannot fulfill the large quantities QVC needs.

In any event, it was a lackluster St. Paddy's Day on the Q.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Ebby Calvin LaLoosh