Honored Contributor

Something Is Really Messed Up with the Program Guide

They have Shawn hosting from 10pm on 10/11 all the way until 6am on 10/12.

Honored Contributor

Re: Something Is Really Messed Up with the Program Guide

@rms1954 wrote:

its not messed up.

the same show is now being shown from midnight to 7am et.

it will be this way for several weeks.

therefore, the same host at midnight will be shown during the overnight hours.

she is probably on the 10pm to midnight shift.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

It's too much trouble for QVC to correct this problem.  Sometimes they will list the shows as "Shopping."  And if they do list it, the designation of the show will be incorrect about half the time.  I think they should delete the "Q" from their name until they get their act together.

Honored Contributor

I assume you know QVC has been repeating the TSV 2-7 am...trying repeats for a month to see how it works.

Shawn is doing her normal 3 hours, Earth at 10, beauty at 11, TSV at midnight.  What's unusual on the 12th is there is no different 1 am program.  The TSV repeats start at 1 am.  Other days they start at 2 am.  On that day, the TSV runs from midnight to 7 am.  Shawn is not on-air live from 1-7 am.  

Visitor

It's like Groundhog Day on QVC overnight!  This just came to my attention the last few nights when I had occasion to be up several times.  I thought perhaps they were doing maintenance.  If QVC has decided to just repeat the midnight to one o'clock over and over, then I find it incredible.  Is business that bad?  Big mistake.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Shawn is doing her normal 3 hours, Earth at 10, beauty at 11, TSV at midnight.  What's unusual on the 12th is there is no different 1 am program.  Shawn is not on-air live from 1-7 am.  

No, there is a live two-hour Dooney & Bourke show from Midnight to 2am on Saturday.  Shawn is hosting the first hour. We don't know who is hosting the second hour. The first hour will be repeated five times from 2-7am ET.

Respected Contributor

They rerun the midnight show from two a.m. to 7a.m. like they do on HSN. For whatever reason there is a live show from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. I'm not aawake at that time so that could very well be a rerun, also.

Esteemed Contributor

If you look at the advanced scheduling on some days they repeat the Midnight hour immediately at 1 am.  Other times they schedule one new hour of programming from 1 to 2 and then repeats.  Sometimes the 1 am host is different from the TSV host, which is odd.

Honored Contributor

@fortuneWonder if one of the problems is that we as a nation are beginning not to have enough high-level tech people?  I read an article a few weeks back about tech companies "stealing" workers from their competitors as a way to fill in the expertise they need.  

I'm even hearing from several friends who have grandchildren graduating from college next June already receiving competing job offers from companies with deep pockets.

Honored Contributor

So the program guide and my TV guide are both incorrect and/or do not provide me with the actual information I need to know.  Hmmmm.  Pretty much useless (much like lots of things in life).