Respected Contributor

I was surprised at the look of their faces.  Shouldn't be that shocked to have someone ask that question.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Chris915 wrote:

These calls and questions are suspect because Carolyn has been gone for months, and most anyone who is enough of a regular viewer to know a host by name would have heard by now that she has been let go. The callers think they're being clever, but it's unkind to make Gary and Leah (or the audience) uncomfortable while they're trying to do their job or shop. 

Agree most calls are cringe. 

@Chris915   If she was an infrequent viewer and doesn't participate on social media, how in the heck would she have known?  It was never announced on QVC .  And it has not yet been 3 months since the lay off.

There will be "where's Carolyn" questions for years to come.

So true.  I thought the  "where's Antonella"  threads and posts would never end.

Honored Contributor

Big deal. Anything is possible on a call. Hosts need to be professional enough to handle the question, any question.

I change the channel when calls are taken. It makes me cringe when people gush over hosts and products.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that some calls from viewers are truly cringeworthy. Compulsive shoppers bragging about how much they buy isn't something to aspire to.

On the other hand, referring to a caller who asks a simple question as "some idiot" is extremely rude. Who's really the idiot here?

Regular Contributor

Maybe they should hire a talk radio host for QVC.  I used to listen to one talk radio host, if a person called and said "How are you ?" the host would shout "None of your business how I am" and hang up on them. Also if a called ever said "Long time listener first time caller" he would instantly hang up on them.  Did did not put to with any nonsense of any kind from a caller. 

Contributor

Re: Some Idiot…

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Chris915 wrote:

These calls and questions are suspect because Carolyn has been gone for months, and most anyone who is enough of a regular viewer to know a host by name would have heard by now that she has been let go. The callers think they're being clever, but it's unkind to make Gary and Leah (or the audience) uncomfortable while they're trying to do their job or shop. 

Agree most calls are cringe. 

@Chris915   If she was an infrequent viewer and doesn't participate on social media, how in the heck would she have known?  It was never announced on QVC .  And it has not yet been 3 months since the lay off.

There will be "where's Carolyn" questions for years to come.

So true.  I thought the  "where's Antonella"  threads and posts would never end.

@Kachina624 if she was truly infrequent, it's more unlikely she'd even know Caroline by name and that she normally appeared with Gary. 

@KKJ @So true, these forums hang on to bygone hosts like grim death (another Seinfeld reference for those who visited the Alberti thread) . Too obsessive for me, but to each their own. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper    I'm with you.  Of course I don't know for certain, but I think that woman knew exactly what happened to Carolyn and had an agenda.   She said she's been buying D&C for a long time which means she watches the Q and knows what happened to Carolyn 

I wish they would do away with the callers.  Some of them keep their TVs on and it is so annoying that the hosts have to keep telling them to turn the volume down on their TVs .   Some just love to talk and won't shut up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    I'm with you.  Of course I don't know for certain, but I think that woman knew exactly what happened to Carolyn and had an agenda.   She said she's been buying D&C for a long time which means she watches the Q and knows what happened to Carolyn 

I wish they would do away with the callers.  Some of them keep their TVs on and it is so annoying that the hosts have to keep telling them to turn the volume down on their TVs .   Some just love to talk and won't shut up.

@Teddixat  there was a Thread a few days ago asking about Carolyn. Hope it goes away soon, even thought I don't read them.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

What can also be confusing to some, is that they still show Carolyn on video on some of the products. Just tonight, I checked out a Lug bag that was on earlier, and Caroline was in the video replay. Wonder if she gets royalties, just kidding. But this can possibly confuse some who do not watch regularily.