Respected Contributor

American Leather Co? But imported.....pretty bad QVC.

Honored Contributor

I believe the leather is sourced from here.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV very deceptive

[ Edited ]

The company is owned by Aimee Kestenberg.

At least they stopped their very misleading sales pitch they used to trot out every presentation.  They used to go on & on about all their leather coming from America.  That may indeed be still true, but they always left out that they were always actually made overseas and imported.  

Many FB posts used to state how happy people were to have a Made in America handbag company.  I never saw those posts addressed.

Even if a shopper doesn't care about that distinction, hiding the fine print of their sales pitch was shady, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV very deceptive

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper 

I read that The Affordable Luxury Group (a global handbag company) owns American Leather Co. and they also own AG's, too.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The company is owned by Aimee Kestenberg.

At least they stopped their very misleading sales pitch they used to trot out every presentation.  They used to go on & on about all their leather coming from America.  That may indeed be still true, but they always left out that they were always actually made overseas and imported.  

Many FB posts used to state how happy people were to have a Made in America handbag company.  I never saw those posts addressed.

Even if a shopper doesn't care about that distinction, hiding the fine print of their sales pitch was shady, in my opinion.

It's 100% misleading. Period.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I believe the leather is sourced from here.

Doesn't matter. Its misleading and they know it!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

I read that The Affordable Luxury Group owns American Leather Co. and they also own AG's, too.

@SilleeMee   Yes.  Affordable Luxury Group is Aimee Kestenberg's company.

Honored Contributor

It's a global economy. Even 'American' cars aren't made here. They have parts and pieces made over 'there' and then imported to complete the package. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's a global economy. Even 'American' cars aren't made here. They have parts and pieces made over 'there' and then imported to complete the package. 

@SilleeMee  Very true.

Trusted Contributor

🤔 The majority of items sold on QVC are listed as "imported" and you know what that means. VPH products that arevlisted as exclusive designs are mass produced in China, many made from foam, clay, plastic and cardboard, and the product reviews are not that great. In fact, a vast majority of QVC products receive lukewarm reviews. We've all noticed, and what happening. Most likely the only American made products are food items, and those prices are outrageous. After 20+ years of regular shopping, I'm now an occasional shopper.