Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know why QVC quit carrying Sleep Number beds?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Could be they had a lot of returns. Didn't sell well. I for one got rid of mine for a Sterns and Foster mattress. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The contract was probably unprofitable for one party or the other.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@godi 

What was the problem with it?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

The price could be a factor.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@claros  The bed was cheaply made. It was great at first but the material gave out and we were both sleeping in divets. It was very uncomfortable. After a year we got the Sterns and Foster. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

we've had our since 1999 when it was Select Comfort 

Still love it

We tried it a store and ordered it from them directly.

Maybe HSN sells them

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree that it probably wasn't worth it for one of the parties. Also, when I first started watching QVC, they'd introduce new or innovative products. Once those products became well-known, QVC dropped them. So maybe that's a factor.

We have 3 Select Comfort beds and really like them. Two are between 15 and 20 years old (the oldest doesn't even have sleep numbers on the controller). The third is a replacement for an older one that went to h*ll after 10 years. We bought the third one directly from Select Comfort. We love having the ability to adjust the mattress to meet our needs whenever necessary.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

People seem to either love them or hate them. I've had a king for probably 17 years and still love it, but I'm downsizing and single now.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I got mine from QVC around 2010 or 2011.  Still going strong.  I like a soft, low sleep number.  It was around 1800 back then, I have no idea what they run now.  I have a queen.  I want to say last time I saw them on qvc (maybe last year)?  They were closer to 2700.