Super Contributor

There is no reason for shipping to take 10+ days and cost so much!!!  I use Amazon (prime costs $16 per month but we also get free movies and other advantages with that)   as an example!  However every other online store (almost... with few exceptions) do the same!!!  

Honored Contributor

It would help if we had more information from you.

Is it shipping or do the 10 days include processing time?   

What retailers are you using that charge for shipping besides QVC?  How much?  There are quite a few retailers that offer free shipping.  

You are paying $16 to Amazon a month.  Are you buying enough to warrant that cost?  If not, you are not getting free shipping.

I only occasionally shop at Amazon, but they have not been the fasted retailer to process.  I'm not a Prime member, though. 

Of all the retailers I use, QVC is the slowest to process my orders.  It's out of their hands when orders are picked up by shippers.  I think in most cases QVC's shipping costs are good compared to others who do charge for shipping.  

Actual shipping time with all retailers has been good; however, there were 2 from QVC since Christmas that took too long, but it was Newgistics that caused the delay.   One recent UPS delay by one day for an order from HSN that was processed in 3 days.  

Honored Contributor

@Gkhm    Does your Amazon shipping take 10 days to reach you or are you holding that up as an example of speedy shipping?  My Amazon orders usually arrive in 48 hours unless its a third party shipper.

My QVC orders are shipping fast but are often delayed a week or more by inefficiency practices by UPS and the USPS.  UPS especially has gone to pot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Yes my husband and I order plenty to justify the $16 per month for Amazon Prime.  There is then no shipping whatsoever for anything after that fee, so we find it very helpful.  Rarely has it ever taken more than two days for something to be delivered to us… Sometimes the very same day...mostly the following day.  

Super Contributor

I'm on the west coast. if things come from CA, I get them fast: 4 days or so. otherwise, usually 7-9 days. lately, things have been coming 2-4 days sooner than the EDD. tosses me as I stay home when expecting deliveries to avoid any porch pirating. 

my things come about half/half: UPS/innovation or USPS. even though some things are listed as 'shipped by UPS/dellivery by USMail, UPS gets them to me directly, not turning them over to the post office. yay!

as for amz: I do not have prime. I just have a wish list and when it hits $25 I order. things often come as fast as Prime: 1-2 days. even bayside sellers are often amz vendors so some of their things arrive in amz envelopes or boxes and come as fast as Prime. 

QVC should release things (process) much faster or allow cancellations. once things leave their warehouse, they no longer have control of shipping. 

Super Contributor

They have control over the company who ships!  

Frequent Contributor

Shipping from QVC has  been awful. My orders sit in the "preparing your order" status for 10+ days. And once I call customer service I get, it's coming from vendor. Which is some cases is true but almost 2 weeks just sitting there is nuts. I can't image the Holiday season??? Going to do most of my Holiday shopping thru Amazon.