Occasional Contributor

Why does QVC charge a S&H charge for each item even when you buy multiples of the same?  No other online retailer does this.  Nor does any other online retailer charge a "handling" fee which, if you don't pay attention, you are possbily paying sales tax on bothe the S&H charge.  Many States require sales tax collected on "handling" fees and since QVC combines them, they have to charge tax on the whole S&H amount!  In the end, you are paying WAY MORE for a product than everywhere else!  And then if you want to return an item, they want to charge a return shipping fee.  Very few retailers do this now.  

Respected Contributor

@LVQVC2020 

New to the forums?  If you are, welcome.  As for the shipping issues, it has been a hot mess since last Spring.  Many of us have posted and voiced our dissatisfaction with QVC's shipping policies.   Once in a "blue moon" QVC offers a FREE shipping event.  So, what makes sense is to keep a "Wish List"  with items you would like but do not need immediately.  Then when the  offer comes up, place the "Wish List" items into your cart and purchase at that time.  You will save on the shipping fees that way.

Honored Contributor

I don't know of another retailer who routinely ships a garment for as little as $3.50.  it is a scam only if you are being deceived.  Do you not see the charge before ordering?  Be careful when you accuse a business of scamming, especially when you're dead wrong.  This is libel.  In the meantime, feel free to shop elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I know that very well.  That is the only time I buy... when S&H is free.  Otherwise I shop elsewhere.

Occasional Contributor

Amazon will ship everything for free for the most part as do most other online retailers.  If you read the post, you will see how they charge a handling fee and tax on both, which they do not disclose anywhere.... that to me, is a scam.  

Honored Contributor

Charging shipping and handling for each item makes sense to me. Each item has to be "handled," whether by a person or machine. And each item adds to the cost of the postage (bigger and heavier bag, box, etc.).

If you know up front what it is going to cost you, then you have a chance to purchase or not to purchase the item(s).

Honored Contributor

@LVQVC2020 Looks like you're adding to this post since your other 2 nasty negative ones got deleted.

You obviously have a problem with QVC so shop elsewhere.

You're fixated on something that is not a scam. Shop somewhere else

Honored Contributor

@LVQVC2020 wrote:

Amazon will ship everything for free for the most part as do most other online retailers.  If you read the post, you will see how they charge a handling fee and tax on both, which they do not disclose anywhere.... that to me, is a scam.  

@LVQVC2020    You ought to know what's taxable in your state.  All online merchant who ship to you charge the same taxes.  It's not a scam; you're just uninformed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

At one time QVC charged the full S&H on the first item and half more when you ordered multiples of the same item shipped to the same address.

When they stopped doing that, I stopped ordering multiples.  

I hate when they charge $5.50 or more per item...three item shipped in one box costs $16.50.

As long as people accept their terms and keep buying, they will continue to do the same thing.  

I always know what it will cost ahead of time, so it's not fraud.

Respected Contributor
Just a thought....Doesn’t Amazon (Amazon Prime) charge a yearly fee to order from their site? (Like Costco?) If so shipping is NOT free.