Respected Contributor

I love that they charge per item but throw things together in a bag! 

I don't pay shipping at any other online retailer- 

Nordstrom is FREE

JJill- I buy $125 worth of merch every time so it's free

When I buy online for my kids, I don't pay to ship either!

Boden FREE over $49

ETC...

Valued Contributor

Why should QVC pay your shipping? Free is never free. Retailers who offer free shipping raise the cost of the item to cover shipping and handling. You're paying for the convenience of shopping from home. As for charging a return label fee, why should QVC pay the cost of YOUR buyer's remorse? They don't refund your original shipping fees either. It's only fair because they shipped the item to you. I am so tired of seeing complaints about shipping fees and never understand why people think a business should absorb the cost. 

Trusted Contributor

@AB123Q wrote:

Be nice to people!  You don't know this person!

Are you she?

Respected Contributor

So if you don't like what they're doing, vote with your remote.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It's important to shop around before buying from Q.  Their shipping costs are higher than most retailers. There are an unending number of online retailers who ship for free. Q adds the shipping fee when buying and deducts it from refunds, thereby paying twice....and that doesn't include the cost of mailing the item back.  Most of all, just about everything can be found elsewhere for a lower price, free shipping, or with promo codes.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's important to shop around before buying from Q.  Their shipping costs are higher than most retailers. There are an unending number of online retailers who ship for free. Q adds the shipping fee when buying and deducts it from refunds, thereby paying twice....and that doesn't include the cost of mailing the item back.  Most of all, just about everything can be found elsewhere for a lower price, free shipping, or with promo codes.

@CalminHeart,  that is incorrect.  Yes, when issuing a refund the outgoing shipping charge is deducted from the refund amount but it is not double paying. Refunds are issued on the product price not the total invoice.

Invoice total before taxes $50 (product plus outgoing shipping of $3.50); refund amount $46.50.  If they were charging you twice for outgoing shipping it would be $50 less $7.00 (double outgoing shipping charge) for a refund amount of $43.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

Why should QVC pay your shipping? Free is never free. Retailers who offer free shipping raise the cost of the item to cover shipping and handling. You're paying for the convenience of shopping from home. As for charging a return label fee, why should QVC pay the cost of YOUR buyer's remorse? They don't refund your original shipping fees either. It's only fair because they shipped the item to you. I am so tired of seeing complaints about shipping fees and never understand why people think a business should absorb the cost. 

@Starliteshine   Those who don't shop at free shipping/free returns sites always say they raise their prices to cover the shipping.  I'm sure that's true, but QVC is higher than these other places without S/H added in 99.9% of the time.  I always compare and include the shipping charges when I'm comparing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@LVQVC2020 wrote:

Why does QVC charge a S&H charge for each item even when you buy multiples of the same?  No other online retailer does this.  Nor does any other online retailer charge a "handling" fee which, if you don't pay attention, you are possbily paying sales tax on bothe the S&H charge.  Many States require sales tax collected on "handling" fees and since QVC combines them, they have to charge tax on the whole S&H amount!  In the end, you are paying WAY MORE for a product than everywhere else!  And then if you want to return an item, they want to charge a return shipping fee.  Very few retailers do this now.  

@LVQVC2020 

I don't find it to be a Scam at all!

You know up front before you purchase there is shipping and handling on EACH item.

Whether other retailers do it is not the point.  QVC does and states it clearly.

Paying sales tax on Shipping AND Handling has nothing to do w/ paying attention.

If it is your State's law to do so, you pay it....and it goes to the State NOT QVC.

I live in a high tax state...the extra tax charged because my state requires S/H be taxed is 14 Cents on a $3.50 clothing S/H charge.

On non-clothing, an extra  .28 is charged.

I would hardly call that WAY more.

Honored Contributor

I look at it this way.  I am paying 3.50 per each multiple item instead of 7.00 plus for each item.  County your blessings.  

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Just a thought....Doesn’t Amazon (Amazon Prime) charge a yearly fee to order from their site? (Like Costco?) If so shipping is NOT free.

@Naturesbeauty 

And to make the Amazon Prime fee worthwhile its been said you have to have at least 35 orders a year.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”