Super Contributor

Re: Shipping Problems, Losing Sales

[ Edited ]

If you're ordering something for a gift, you might have it by Christmas of 2020 at this rate

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@sunshine45  You must have some special connections at QVC, because your experience is not the norm.

The rest of us deal with slow shipping--to my address in CO it's at least 10 days--mixups in orders, returns & refunds not credited, expensive two-way shipping charges...the list goes on and on. In a world of free and fast shipping as a STANDARD, QVC is way behind, which I suspect is the reason for their declining sales last year. With Amazon & others online dominating the market, fewer customers will put up with QVC's antiquated business model.

@GraceCO 

qvc has MANY customers and only a very very small percentage actually post on these boards. i am not sure who "the rest of us" are that you refer to, other than some of the posters on here.  i have no special connections and i dont know if my experience may be "the norm" or not.. there have been customers who also post similar experiences to mine.

of course, to each his own. we should all shop where we have good experiences, good products, and excellent customer service.

interestingly, i do have amazon prime and THAT has slowed up for me. i ordered items on friday and they are now not expected until wednesday.

@sunshine45  I'm well aware that QVC has many customers with varying experiences, but QVC's shipping problems are well documented both here in the forums--repeatedly in the Linea forum--and in the media, along with their disappointing 2019 sales attributed partially to the shipping issues. For you to deny the problem, or try to minimize it against the OP's valid concerns, seemed disingenous. 

@GraceCO 

not minimizing ANYONES concerns on their personal orders. i am not an executive of qvc and i DONT know how widespread the issue is......my guess is is that neither do you. i pretty simply stated MY experiences over the past year or so......have had no major issues and i order quite a bit from qvc all year long. any issues that i HAVE had have been promptly taken care of by customer service. if you feel like i am denying anyones problems then you have not read my thoughts correctly.

for the record, i am in maryland......most things arrive within 3 - 5 days.

@sunshine45  But, that's the point we're all making here. The problem is something QVC has admitted--it's no secret. The business media has even covered it. And, you might notice there are more threads about the shipping problems--it has worsened. So, even though you & others may be lucky and get quick shipping of your order (and not someone else's order, instead!), QVC recognizes there are system-wide fulfillment problems. They are building another warehouse in Bethlehem, PA to address the slow delivery problems, but it won't be ready until 2021. At least, they are doing something about it, but in the meantime, QVC customers have to suffer through, unfortunately. 

Valued Contributor

I often wonder about these posts who praise qvc shipping

Trusted Contributor

Well they sent my package somewhere else and I received someone elses package. Also, I received 3 orders of the same item when I only ordered one!  What are they drinking  in the shipping department?  LOL

I am taking a loooong hiatis from shopping at the Q until I see on this board that QVC has resolved their shipping issues.  Too bad, I have liked shopping here. But I will use other means of spending my cash and helping the economy for now. 

Have a great Holiday ladies and gentlemen.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that items are taking longer to ship than usual via QVC (and other places) I started shopping for the holidays early this year and its taking 2 or more weeks for things from QVC and  3 or more weeks for some things to get here from other places! (not just QVC other places too except Amazon, theyre faster).QVC used to be fast. Also I accidently put 1 order on our credit card on easy pay (because everything has it right on easy pay you have to edit it now!) and didnt want it on easy pay. Hiusband called hours later and was told they cant change it to full payment on credit card, order was being placed in box already. Yet it didnt get here for 2 weeks!!! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Occasional Contributor

Update:  The rest of my order, that was placed on 11/12/2019 and was still "in process" as of yesterday, was cancelled.  I'm pleasantly surprised!!

Trusted Contributor

I have had pretty good luck with shipping so far (knock on wood) but I have 4 items that I just ordered and one has shipped from the CA warehouse. I forget, is that the warehouse that seems to have the most trouble?? It will be um, interesting to see how my deliveries play out. It's seems almost like a game now, only a frustrating and annoying game!
Respected Contributor

I went out on a limb and ordered four items yesterday including the Bose TSV. Three have an estimated delivery date of 12/10 and one 12/11. I have no plans to order anything else and these are not gifts. I gave up on gifts mid November and glad I did. The entire shipping situation is pathetic. I placed an order from Barnes and Noble late Saturday and delivered Monday December 2.
Valued Contributor

No hooked on books....Ontario is NOT having the problems - the problems are from Lancaster or wherever it is in PA that is having trouble with the warehouses....that is where the majority of everything is shipped and those warehouse problems, that never seem to get corrected for any length of time,  is what is going to do QVC in.

Honored Contributor

I stopped ordering from them.  I will reconsider when and if they get my account straightened.  I placed an order last month and it was delivered.  I did not care for the item and returned it using the prepaid label.  They have not acknowledge the return nor credited my account and recently resent me the item I returned.  I am waiting for it to arrive before I make a call and try to straighten this out.