Respected Contributor

Qvc needs to do something about giving discount when buying multiples.  I understand postal fees are up,  it I am tired of paying shipping on every item without any discount when you spend a certain amount.  Most online retailers do this. For example, once you spend $75. Or $100. on an order it's either free or a flat fee.  I am about to order 2 of the big deal lanterns that are offered today from Candle Impressions. Put them in my cart and it is no longer a big deal when they add a total of $15.00 shipping!  Same thing with several of anything; shipping on each really adds up. In addition, sometimes many things are sent in one box. I appreciate less packaging, but where is the savings for us. Also, how about free shipping to loyal customers who buy a lot?  Other retailers do this. 
Shipping fees are starting me to rethink ordering from qvc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree. The Q is in the Stone Age as far as shipping and returns go. I buy from Old Navy a lot, and shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount. Same for L.L. Bean, Chicos, and other retailers. In fact, I bought a few items from Macy's, and the same Altru, free shipping. QVC charges shipping on each item, even if you buy multiples. I find that to be ridiculous. Not to mention that you have to pay for the return shipping on each item even if they are all together in one bag.

Honored Contributor

Years ago the shipping rate on clothing and jewelry was higher but it was half price to order multiple items in the same category, then they lowered it to 3.50 but no discount on multiple items. 

Frequent Contributor

Shipping charges are nuts PLUS sale items...example, I ordered picks from Valerie last night. Saw that the price dropped $5. I tried to cancel order at higher price. Not allowed to...it's in the process of shipping. All with in 24 hrs, which NEVER happens. Usually orders take days, even weeks to ship. So I call and they will NOT give me the sale price. And this is all within 24 hrs. So beware

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I totally agree. The Q is in the Stone Age as far as shipping and returns go. I buy from Old Navy a lot, and shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount. Same for L.L. Bean, Chicos, and other retailers. In fact, I bought a few items from Macy's, and the same Altru, free shipping. QVC charges shipping on each item, even if you buy multiples. I find that to be ridiculous. Not to mention that you have to pay for the return shipping on each item even if they are all together in one bag.

If you put several items in one bag, the label is scanned once. They deduct original shipping on each item, but only one $6.95 label. I know this is true as I put multiple items of clothing in one bag and they have never charged me for more than 1 label.

Honored Contributor

@mardy wrote:

Shipping charges are nuts PLUS sale items...example, I ordered picks from Valerie last night. Saw that the price dropped $5. I tried to cancel order at higher price. Not allowed to...it's in the process of shipping. All with in 24 hrs, which NEVER happens. Usually orders take days, even weeks to ship. So I call and they will NOT give me the sale price. And this is all within 24 hrs. So beware

And the opposite happened to me.

I ordered a CIJ item in one of the first shows in June.  It immediately went up $5 and is still at the higher price.  And no, it wasn't advertised as a special price when I ordered.

Respected Contributor

What I don't understand is why it costs 3.50 (or 5.50)  to get something and 6.95 to send back???  That's almost 13.00 to try a pair of shoes which is why I don't buy from Q for my hard to fit feet.

Respected Contributor

@mardy 

If the price drops within 30 days of your order, call and get a price reduction credit.

The fluctuating prices drive me crazy.  Up and down in short periods of time is nuts.

Frequent Contributor

lovesdishes, I did call CS. The gentlemen said he can't do it. IF I want a credit, I have to wait until it ships then call and possibly get a credit? Crazy...things NEVER ship within 24 hrs. And you can't even cancel an item when "preparing an order" which takes DAYS.  I really can't image what will happen when the holidays come??? 

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl I've wondered about that also.  They claim NO Restocking Fee....and

I'd like to get the tax back I paid if returned for Credit   (who gets it.....or who keeps it?)