Honored Contributor

IMO, s/h charges are a big money maker for QVC and I don't see it changing.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Because large companies get a discounted corporate rate from the shipping industry based on volume.
And individuals don't. 

Frequent Contributor

Agreed. While there are often items from clothing lines that I like on the Q, I do not order much. There are two other retailers who get most of my clothing dollars. One has great sales and offers an additional 5% plus free shipping for members of their loyalty club, and with the other, they have different sales with varying percentages. I have purchased enough to get free shipping when I use my store credit card. I carry no balances, so it works for me. Easy pay is not an incentive I need, and many retailers offer a version of that now anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

@mardy wrote:

lovesdishes, I did call CS. The gentlemen said he can't do it. IF I want a credit, I have to wait until it ships then call and possibly get a credit? Crazy...things NEVER ship within 24 hrs. And you can't even cancel an item when "preparing an order" which takes DAYS.  I really can't image what will happen when the holidays come??? 

They always make you  wait til it ships to credit you.  The reason is, because you are not charged until it ships.  Once it ships, just call them back.  I have done that on a few items.  Easy peasy

Occasional Contributor

Re: Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

On July 4 I placed an order and paid $3.50 shipping.  I'm in Connecticut.  On July 6, a label was created. At night it left Pennsylvania and got to a facility in Connecticut. It then left my state!  The next night, July 7, it departed a facility in Kentucky (who knows when it went to Kentucky!). The morning of July 8 it arrived in Ohio. At just about midnight, it got back to Connecticut!  I have yet to receive my order. Expected delivery is not until the 13th. Today is July 10. All this traveling for only $3.50!  You can't make this stuff up LOL.

New Contributor

Re: Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

I wanted to purchase several items during Christmas in July.  The cost of shipping $5.50 for every Valerie Parr Hill item is ridiculous.  Also when I see clothing on sale its $3.50 for each item. QVC is losing customers by charging so much for shipping.  When I order from other retailers you either get free shipping if you spend a certain amount or there is one shipping cost for a certain amount of items.  I addressed this to Customer Service and all I got was this is our policy. Also many times when I ordered multiple items they are sent in one package even though I paid shipping on each item.  I think with the amount of business QVC makes they should be more accommodating to their customers.  From now on, I will only shop when they have free shipping.

New Contributor

I agree with you totally.

Respected Contributor

@msbunky wrote:

I wanted to purchase several items during Christmas in July.  The cost of shipping $5.50 for every Valerie Parr Hill item is ridiculous.  Also when I see clothing on sale its $3.50 for each item. QVC is losing customers by charging so much for shipping.  When I order from other retailers you either get free shipping if you spend a certain amount or there is one shipping cost for a certain amount of items.  I addressed this to Customer Service and all I got was this is our policy. Also many times when I ordered multiple items they are sent in one package even though I paid shipping on each item.  I think with the amount of business QVC makes they should be more accommodating to their customers.  From now on, I will only shop when they have free shipping.

I agree with you! Yesterday I received a set of 2 Belle tank tops. They were too small even though I ordered the size I have worn of hers before. So now it's costing me $10.45 to return!  I could not exchange because the size I need is sold out. Makes me think twice about purchasing clothing again.

Occasional Contributor

I so totally agree...There was a time they put the entire order ON one shipping fee now it does Not matter how many of the same or different things one orders each get a shipping charge...starting to rethink all this ....  All department stores do FREE shipping and REturns now...   come on QVC...you can do better!  Rather discouraging to be honest...

Respected Contributor
I feel when I pay shipping that item should be processed and handed over to carrier the next day …. Certainly not the case with Q.