Respected Contributor

I may have missed something but hasn't Shawn K missed several shows she was scheduled to host? I remember her saying she'd be back the next night for a show, but she wasn't the host, tonight she isn't hosting her reg show. I hope it's only a vacation and not that she or a loved one of hers is ill.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

I may have missed something but hasn't Shawn K missed several shows she was scheduled to host? I remember her saying she'd be back the next night for a show, but she wasn't the host, tonight she isn't hosting her reg show. I hope it's only a vacation and not that she or a loved one of hers is ill.

@Imadickens  She said on Facebook she is sick along with her family.

Honored Contributor

She has always seemed to have missed a lot of time from work, often ostensibly due to family illness.  People with young children often do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I miss seeing Shawn and I hope her family's 

health is improving. She has a lot on her plate caring for 

an elderly Mother and a 4 year old daughter. I admired 

her devotion to her Dad during his final days.She is a great host and

she is always prepared with a lot of product information 

and smart questions for the vendor. Looking forward to her return.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

If you need to follow her life situations, you can check out her FB page.  Her daughter was sick and then she caught whatever her daughter had and I believe maybe her hubs did too. 

Regular Contributor

Honored Contributor

Shawn posted on her IG page last Sunday that she was quarantining with her family after they got sick.  She said she'll be back this Monday night.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Shawn but it does seem she misses a lot of work, always sick or having some sort of meltdown......... I'm surprised she is still employed actually.

Respected Contributor

Many people complain about Shawn being on air too much. Then when she's off they complain she's goofing off and abusing her personal leave time. Even wondering how she keeps her job? Really? She sure can't win.

Shawn has been through heck and back. She's been a dutiful daughter to her parents, bringing them into her home. She lost her father, but she continues devoting herself to her mother who is in poor health. Many of us know how difficult this is. 

Plus, she has the multiple trials of activities of daily living all the rest of us have, including a young child to nurture and QVC hosting is NOT an easy job. It's a performance stress load. 

We all heard her recently during air time fighting allergies. She could hardly talk. I have a feeling she's burning the candle at both ends and it's taking a toll. 

If Shawn needs time to regroup, for whatever reason, that's between her and QVC. I know I sure needed a lot of it when taking care of my mother with Alzheimer's. I had no other choice, but people fully understood at my workplace. This is why I refuse to  judge someone else's situation. Life is hard enough. 

Honored Contributor

Shawn shares her entire private life to the public.  The public providing feedback and comments is to be expected.