Respected Contributor
On 1/15/2015 LipstickDiva said:

The Daily Mail should get the facts straight before putting something out there.

I find this funny but really, really sad.

Did anyone read the comments after the article? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Not much of a news source if they can't even get the correct name of the host. Talk about sad.

It's all in fun anyway .... nothing more.

Respected Contributor

They should be embarrassed. Maybe their elementary schools didn't offer science.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Hoovermom said:

I am sorry I missed this "debate" between these two, but they made headlines:

Humiliating moment QVC shopping channel hosts tackled science... and ended up arguing over whether ...

Note to self: Don't open your mouth unless you are positive of the answer. You never know who may be watching !! Poor Jane T.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor
......and this is the type of information we really need from our hosts when shopping for clothes on QVC!
Respected Contributor

I am sure they are not thrilled but someone was watching and posted.

Respected Contributor

To me, it's just another sad commentary on the inadequacy of our school system. I'm always shocked at what people don't know that I take for granted.

I don't know what they are teaching in school anymore, but we had to learn all about the solar system in basic 5th grade science class and after almost 50 years, I still remember it. For the record, I don't use that knowledge on a daily basis either, LOL.

However, since it is Shawn (and to a degree, Isaac), I'm not surprised. She demonstrates fairly regularly that she lacks a lot of fundamentals. I don't know how she made it through college with her lack of vocabulary. Maybe that is why she always makes up words; she doesn't have enough of a fundamental vocabulary to call upon.

Anyway, that is embarrassing for Shawn, except she dodged a bullet and Jane Treacy is being fingered as the ignoramus. I'm sure that JRT appreciates that!

I'd just like to add that the model's reaction is priceless. I'd cover my eyes too.

Frequent Contributor

Our FOX morning news here in Seattle (Q13) showed this clip at least twice. Definitely not complimentary to Shawn and Isaac!

Esteemed Contributor

Its a shame that Jane T got blamed when it was Shawn doing her usual shtick. I hope that her dumb act is just that, but based on that exchange, it is hard to be sure.

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 sparklestar said:

The Daily Mail should get the facts straight before putting something out there.

Not much of a news source if they can't even get the correct name of the host. Talk about sad.

It wasn't their fault. To pile on the stupid here, the video was posted to YouTube by QVC, who identified Shawn as Jane Treacy on the QVC official YouTube page. See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXOUCP518g

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 1/15/2015 sparklestar said:

It wasn't their fault. To pile on the stupid here, the video was posted to YouTube by QVC, who identified Shawn as Jane Treacy on the QVC official YouTube page. See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXOUCP518g

So, QVC is the ignoramus... Big shock... Oh, those many 'platforms' and the benefits of going 'social'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...