Super Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger will no longer host PM Style

I adore Amy Stran!  Not so much Shawn Killinger.  

Respected Contributor

IMO, this is a very boring show so other than flipping by every so often, I don't bother tuning in.  Not sure why it matters who the show host is.  That doesn't make as much of a difference to me as what the merchandise is.

Honored Contributor

If Lisa R. was still with the Q, she would still be hosting PMS.  The powers that be would have never moved her out of the show, imo.

That being said, there's definitely a reason for the switch in hosts and it's probably for a combination of all the comments in this thread.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

If Lisa R. was still with the Q, she would still be hosting PMS.  The powers that be would have never moved her out of the show, imo.

That being said, there's definitely a reason for the switch in hosts and it's probably for a combination of all the comments in this thread.

@San Antonio Gal  I cannot say I agree with this.  In these four years that Lisa R. has been gone, QVC has changed ownership structure and management personnel significantly.  Competition has changed, or at least heated up.  Lisa was always polarizing as a host, and G.I.L.I. was becoming her primary focus, which I think was a bad strategy. 

I don't think she would be hosting PMS today.  She would be a part of the "let's change things up" that's going on right now.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monstermonster

but not with all the customers. If I didn't like IM's line I would never tune into a show with Shawn as the host.

While I think Amy wears clothes well, as others pointed out, they are not often QVC excep twith the Logo line but her voice and mannerisms put me off so much that I also will not watch when she is the host.

I look online most of the time because I am not going to waste my time watching shows that aggravate me when I can shop other places.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will never watch Shawn Killinger ever, cannot believe that the Q allows her to make up words and not use correct language. I will never forget the Shawn/Isaac "Is the moon a star or a planet" segment. Dumb as a box of rocks!

As for Amy, her penchant for referring to QVC as "our store" makes my head hurt. Her voice needs work too. 

Thank goodness for remote control!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie  My thoughts exactly.  Cannot stand watching either one of them..   

Honored Contributor

Courtney K. should actually be a co-host not just doing "social media."  I think she should be on an equal level to Amy.  Courtney K. is one of the best of the new "bunch."

Honored Contributor

Lisa R. was one of the best hosts QVC ever had.  I think toward the end of her time at QVC they had her on too much--kicking off every TSV and closing it the next night; having all the "big" shows; GILI, etc.   Toward the end I think she was very bored with her job and it showed.   I really don't think viewers "hated" her, but I just think every time you tuned into QVC she was on and she seemed to have lost interest in her job and PM Style was getting very boring.  Like others, I think rotating hosts for this show and bringing in new and exciting items would be a good way to go.    

Frequent Contributor

For as long as I can remember, Shawn has been disliked.  I personally never could warm up to her and would much prefer Amy.