Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Clothes Sizing

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

I didn't see Amy wearing the TSV bathing suit, but I heard another host tell her how good she looked in it. I believe it. I'm wondering if other hosts put the suit on? I've also been noticing that I'm not hearing the models sizes announced as much anymore. I need to hear this information because the models that are my size are wearing clothing smaller than I would. I would know to move up a size or two from what they have on. I like my denim jacket to be able to be buttoned. they seem to wear this look unbuttoned and not even close to the center of the chest. That look doesn't work for me...at all. I appreciate the hosts wearing and sharing their size but if I see one host wearing a large I know she's at least a 1x and so I can go with an xl.  Rebecca is the model who I look to for real sizing. I love the way she yells out extra large with confidence.   Susan Graver loves to use her and Katia. The clothes look nice on the both sizes. I also like the way Maria exudes confidence and wears the correct size. Dennis Basso seems to love the way his clothes look on her. 

@KBEANS 

I dont understand why the hosts have to ALSO be a MODEL in the first place....I know Amy looks good in clothes, and QVC apparently feels this will help with sales, but she wastes time changing instead of giving garment details like whether something runs true to size, or whether one needs to size up or down, fabric information and care, and other clothing details etc etc.....  And I HATE it when she says I'm petite, but how can we petites judge the garment length when she's wearing stilletos!!! --LET THE MODELS MODEL!!!  And i do find it helpful since some of the models are the same height and have a similar body shape to me rather than rely on QVC's CLICK HERE measurements on the website which are either missing entirely or INACCURATE!  

I prefer fashion shows with Leah and Jayne Brown hosting they are well prepared, wear the correct size clothing and do a good job describing the garment!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Lily3737 wrote:

Shawn does not do most of us  justice by modeling clothes that are too tight, knotted up and half tucked. I would rather see the item plainly shown . She doesn't always represent the designers in a flattering way. She did the Joan Rivers top no justice. It was a button backed top that looked unflattering. I like her , she can sell snow to an Eskimo.  .

@GinaV24 @Lily3737 

That's why I wish QVC would make a show host change and put Katrina as the host for these fashion shows.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

You don't look slender if you are bulging out of your clothes.  Don't these people ever review the shows they've done?  Better to look like the garment is swimming on you if you can't wear your true size.  They must have more than one choice on set.  

Honored Contributor

This thread just reminded me of a woman that I worked with years ago.

On numerous occasions she would come to work with the size and price tag hanging from her clothing...pretending she didn't know the obvious tag was still attached.

Someone would always tell her about the tag..then she would cut the tag off and place it on the reception desk (instead of the trash) so everyone could see the size and price. 

She was a very strange woman to say the least.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think anyone will honestly say I have gained weight.That is one thing hard to say.I am sure,Shawn will always say,Iam a xxsmall.we all can see,but hard to admit.

Respected Contributor

Seriously????

Respected Contributor

Don't tell jennifer Coffey that. She'll get super upset. She's one of the hosts that needs to go up a size as well. Her clothes look like they are sprayed on her. yet i would say 90% of the hosts do wear sizes that flatter them. I trust Leah the most. 

I don't think they are necessarily in sizes to small, but I do think they are not wearing the size they say they are.   So many say they small or extra small but do not appear as small or smaller than some of those very slim models and claim they are in the smallest sizes.  I  Don't believe it.   Jane Tracy has always said from 30 yrs agos she was extra small or small and it's very obvious she has gained weight since those early years and she still claims that's her size.

Honored Contributor

Thread from 2021.