Occasional Visitor

Shawn does not do most of us  justice by modeling clothes that are too tight, knotted up and half tucked. I would rather see the item plainly shown . She doesn't always represent the designers in a flattering way. She did the Joan Rivers top no justice. It was a button backed top that looked unflattering. I like her , she can sell snow to an Eskimo.  .

Frequent Contributor

I agree...tries to get too creative or something.  Just leave it be.  Also she isn’t an XS. Maybe tv ads pounds but she can’t wait to tell her small size which she can’t be. One night she said she was wearing the same size as one of the models which was very thin...no way. It’s deceptive and not helpful to us potential buyers. 

Esteemed Contributor

She's the same way stubbornly wearing XS when she's now a Medium as she was wearing white lipstick for years and years.

Poor Isaac, trying to save his designs, told her he did not like tight clothes and she could go up a size. A designer doesn't want his designs spoiled like that. 

Shawn Saving Christmas, she wore pj's that were too small. Everybody likes their pj's large enough, but not Shawn. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1  - Shawn looks good with color on her lips instead of the nude/white she wore all those years.  In fact, she looks great with makeup.  I've read comments where she wears too much, but I think she looks pretty.

I've posted the same thing about her wearing pj's too small.  I agree that most people would not wear tight fitting pajamas.  She should go up a size or two in all the clothing she models.  

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF .........The stylists not the hosts or models chose the outfits and sizing for them.  If you will notice there are a lot of ill fitting (always too small) on the hosts and especially the models.  IMO the Q's stylists are not very good.  Some of the outfits they have put Leah in lately have not been very attractive.  Not a particular item but the items they have put together.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

You're very kind with your comments, @San Antonio Gal. I'm afraid I've past that with her. She sells products that are my favorite to watch, but I can't watch her anymore. Sometimes I will record but more and more I just don't bother.

I love a well-spoken host who brings attention to the product and not herself.  Her ummm, ahhhhs, and errrrs, are like nails scratching a blackboard for my ears. It's one of the first things you learn in public speaking. 

Aside from Katrina, Fashion nights are almost over for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree that HSN has the worse models to represent cothing items, watched a segment on HSN viewing 'DG2' a model came out wearing a top that was so tight it didn't do the item any justice, even the vendor, Diane gasped and said that the top was too small for the model, it was a poor representation of the item.

Valued Contributor

This is why I don't understand telling us what size The model is wearing.  It's all relative to weight, etc

Respected Contributor

hasn't this discussion been brought up before?yawnnnnn

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

Shawn looked like Waldo from "Where's Waldo" last night on her show with Courtney.    Those glasses did nothing for her.  That show is all about talking about Hollywood stars and it is a big bore.  Status is so important to those two.  I changed the channel and will not go back.

@Jinlei   I may have given up figuring out who QVC is attempting to reach. The hosts are in the 30-50 year old range (estimating). some vendors present clothing that are just "crazy looking"...nothing I've seen on women anywhere here or in the stores in my mall. The "lounge look and sweat shirts/pants and gym look" pr tops/sweaters w/ huge flower prints in cheap fabrics has taken over the channel.

The stores I usually frequent have mostly workout type clothing. Macy's here has the first floor 3/4 sweats/lounge wear. Where are the CLOTHES? If people are truly beginning to leave their homes, travel and go to restaurants, what the heck are we supposed to wear? I did very little shopping during 2020 since we mostly stayed home. I looked forward to purchasing nicer outfits when I venture out. 

@Shanus 

Friends have commented that now that they are out and about and people are back to work, surprisingly they are seeing lots of people still wearing what basically are "pajamas!!!!!".......  SMH!   

It took my workplace a long time to just allow us to wear jeans on Fridays.....I now work from home, so dress code isnt a problem for me, but some friends question why I still "dress up".....I wear jeans and a blouse or a nice t-shirt ..... Maybe it was how I was brought up, even when we didnt feel good our mom made us take a nice warm bath and get out of those pajamas and put on regular casual clothes...She said it would make us feel a little better...and I think she was right! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”