Valued Contributor

I like to play with these scammers too. Like u said they get flustered when you interup their routine. Nothing  gets these people more bull than to keep them on the phone for a long period of time and not do business with them. I have been called every name in the book especially from the foreiners

Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

I like to play with these scammers too. Like u said they get flustered when you interup their routine. Nothing  gets these people more bull than to keep them on the phone for a long period of time and not do business with them. I have been called every name in the book especially from the foreiners

@MrSour 

I think you would get a kick out of this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffRjzNsEJo

“Granny Makes IRS Scammer Go Insane & Waste 2 Hours” (Kitboga) 

Valued Contributor

very funny the kid had a great personality

Valued Contributor

@10grands wrote:

I do not answer calls from anyone other than family.  

You don't answer calls from friends?

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

being retired I am home most of the day. The phone rings constantly all day with these scam calls from people who don't even talk English. I mostly ignore these calls but sometimes I play with them and just to see what they are going to say. From credit card scams to people telling me that my computer has been compromised and I have to open my computer for them so they can fix it. I got a call from someone supposedly from Medicare asking me about my illnesses and trying to tell me I am eligible for braces for my ailing knees. Well I don't have knee problems. It goes on and on with these calls and our government does nothing about it.

I have watched a few videos on YouTube of people who bait scammers, play along, really get them twisted, and when they get hung up on, keep calling them back.  Some of the scammers get right nasty and potty-mouthed.  Some of the videos are quite funny the way they totally get the scammers at their own game.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

I get so many I don’t even answer my home phone anymore.

I turned off the answering machine.  So....in essence...I’m paying for something I no longer use.

Things have gotten totally out of this world with sales calls, etc.

I guess it’s just not important to change the laws, is it?  I block them, but it fills up, I dump them and start over again.

If you live in DC, Maryland or Va like I do, you know companies pay these Senators and congressmen/women tons of money to NOT go after them....it’s that way about drug prices and everything under the sun....