Frequent Contributor

Re: Sandra Bemmett Hosting Barefoot Dreams

I noticed…by observation….that each model almost ALWAYS wears their certain QVC size, INSTEAD of what the garment is supposed to look like on. That is why, the models sometimes don’t look so good-in their NORMAL QVC SIZE! Okay…so, are we viewers supposed to remember each and every model and what Size they are wearing..in case the host doesn’t tell us???
And thank you TheMemphisVette for the model sizing list!
And…if it’s a vendor that doesn’t go by QVC sizing, then TELL THE VIEWER’S THE SIZE THE MODELS ARE WEARING!! With BFDs I literally have to LISTEN closely to Maria, the BFDs vendor, to see if she says something fits TRUE to SIZE, OVERSIZED, meant to be worn WITH EASE, etc. In order to judge which size would be correct to order. IF A CUSTOMER IS WILLING TO PAY 10x THE PRICE FOR A GARMENT….THEN AT LEAST TELL US WHAT SIZE EVERYONE ON SET IS WEARING!!!
I think, sometimes they don’t tell us the sizing because the models are NOT WEARING THEIR NORMAL QVC SIZE! So therefore,,,,THAT DOUBLE JUSTIFIES TELLING US WHAT SIZE THEY ARE REALLY WEARING!! It’s like this,,, is it more important to keep the QVC models and hosts in their Normal sizes? Or have the models and hosts actually WEAR a size that Properly Fits and Looks Good AND THEN TELL US THE SIZE!! I watched all 3 presentations on the New BFDs Shacket and…NOT ONE HOST TOLD THE SIZES OF THEMSELVES OR THE MODELS. Just the BFDs size chart! I can wear any size in BFDs from a Small to a Large in a cardigan or jacket. And for anything BFDs cozy chic line-in a pullover style-my size would have to be an XL-1X to not be clingy on my stomach.
Soooo, BFD sizing, as well as the other vendors on QVC, the SIZING CHANGES with practically each style and/or fabric mix. The measurement chart helps, BUT if a certain garment’s SIZING is OFF, from the factory, then it still doesn’t fit us! SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE MODELS AND HOSTS TRYING ON AND WEARING THESE CLOTHES IF NO-ONE TELLS US THE SIZE THEY ARE TRULY WEARING????
And I didn’t even realize that if you are streaming QVC, like another poster here said, that you don’t have access to the measurements chart…SO WHAT IS THE POINT IN QVC STREAMING and HYPING UP STREAMING…..IF THE HOST DON’T TELL US THE SIZES EVERYONE IS WEARING??? Isn’t the WHOLE POINT for us to ORDER something???
And, if we were told the models and host sizes that they are wearing then we could make a judgment on….that’s to small on her…”but I’m shaped and sized like that model…so let me order the next size up!!” Hopefully QVC makes it a REQUIREMENT for hosts to TELL THE SIZE that everyone is wearing!!
QVC might not have enough samples for the models and hosts to wear the size that they should be wearing, for each particular garment to hang/fit correctly, but it’s not going to hurt the viewers to tell us the actual sample size that a model is wearing!! Something is still old fashioned about the Q. It’s like they want to be hip and on point with technology and social media BUT get with it and stick with the FACTS (sizing and color info) BE HONEST Q, and you just might keep your current customers AND the next generation of customers!
Trusted Contributor

Sandra is the worst. She never describes shades of colors or details about a clothing item. No point in her hosting fashion shows.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least you could get her name correct. That said the models always seem to be in one size too small for them. The hosts are too busy trying on everything in the show that they don't even need models.

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

At least you could get her name correct. That said the models always seem to be in one size too small for them. The hosts are too busy trying on everything in the show that they don't even need models.

Oh, how I love the snippy comments, like this one.  Forgive me for living, I made a spelling error, get over it.  For God's sake some of these posts are just so nasty and mean.

Respected Contributor

Just to add.  I went by the size chart telling me to buy the Large.  It was HUGE!!!!  I am a size 12 and this could have fit someone who is an 18.  I also bought the M as I know their sizing is all over the place in this brand and the M fit perfectly (and I am in no way a size 8 as shown on their chart).  Even though it fit correctly, I did not care for the dull color nor the style.

Regular Contributor

I agree. Something about her voice makes me think that I am being read a children's book.A very rude lady as well.

Honored Contributor

I noticed yesterday how much she interrupts----and mostly what she says has nothing to do with anything---maybe a JRT in training?? Will not watch her anymore---don't watch much anyway---just a quick looksee--

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Just to add.  I went by the size chart telling me to buy the Large.  It was HUGE!!!!  I am a size 12 and this could have fit someone who is an 18.  I also bought the M as I know their sizing is all over the place in this brand and the M fit perfectly (and I am in no way a size 8 as shown on their chart).  Even though it fit correctly, I did not care for the dull color nor the style.

@lovesallanimals 

Never trust the size charts---whether  it be GENERAL or even the CLICK HERE measurements.....When I received the clothing the sizing was so far off that I rarely shop for QVC clothes now....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Oh my goodness, I thought it was me. I was embarrassed as a viewer because she interrupted that poor vendor so much. She literally would not let her get a word in edgewise.  She's so unbelievably rude. It's as if she's not even on set with another person.  I couldn't take it.  I quickly went on my merry way channel surfing.  

Honored Contributor

Years ago, the Q decided to take off all garment measurements and only provide the standard sizing chart.  I complained hard because the standard sizing never worked out for me, but clothing size did.  If it showed a chest size of a certain measure, I would be fine.  And this has worked for me for many years.  Without that garment size, I would not (and did not) order any clothing.  When the clothing size finally come back, so did I.....

I also choose my "clothing hosts" for most of the reasons explained here.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*