Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@ROMARY I bought a mattress at a local retail for $1,000 and it was the biggest donkey ever.  Sway center after two years. 

About 6 years ago bought this QVC mattress for $698 range and best ever - - so bought another for guest room.

Luxury hotel quality.   Just this morning as I rolled on my back........thinking...boy, this is great support.

@fthunt   I purchased my mattress from HSN five years ago.  One of the best purchases I ever made!

For me, the best process was to first do all my homework with several mattress stores in person to see what I wanted.  By the way, 95% of those in-person mattress sales people know very little.  They could tell me about 10% of the information I was looking for to make an informed purchase.  Those stores have fast sales rep turnover, and will also leave you hanging if they see someone else in the store that they think will earn them a higher commission.

So once I knew what I was looking for, I waited until a great mattress and sale was online.  That was HSN, and it is still the best mattress I have ever slept on.  A great deal, no delivery fee, and they took away my old mattress (not sure they do all that now in a pandemic).

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Yes, it's not easy going from store to store, searching for a very firm mattress.  

Good luck with your orders and enjoy!

Spoiler

The presenters described it as medium firm. I would not be able to trust any mattress presentation. I need to test it out.

I similarly was disgusted by the frequent presentations. It was tough to endure hour long infomercials for a mattress but this is par for the course. We can write letters and call to complain but nothing changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@charsha wrote:

Today selling the Serta mattress was excessive!!  How many times did we need to see that?

Not everyone sits and watches QVC all day.  QVC is looking to snag in new customers and old customers who missed early presentations.

Esteemed Contributor

Channel surfing during commercials I caught David with the Serta. Talk about doing a hard sell, yeesh.

Esteemed Contributor

ha @charsha I seldom watch on Sunday's because I don't care for the programming and I never watch any mattress presentations. If I needed one, I might consider watching one presentation and I realize they have to program knowing people tune in at different times but I understand what you mean with overload. They do it with ALL TSV

Contributor

I've gotten so I watch HSN more than QVC these days. Their hosts are professional and concise delivering the info I want to know. Never see them in their pajamas!

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Channel surfing during commercials I caught David with the Serta. Talk about doing a hard sell, yeesh.

Sad that David had to resort to hard sell tactics. Usually he is jovial and happy on air but I'm sure he too is bored presenting hour long demonstrations of mattresses and vacuum cleaners.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Sad that David had to resort to hard sell tactics. Usually he is jovial and happy on air but I'm sure he too is bored presenting hour long demonstrations of mattresses and vacuum cleaners.

The fact that you think that "hard sell tactics" is not the usual practice for him, illustrates why he has such high sales. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: SERTA OVERLOAD!

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@charsha wrote:

Today selling the Serta mattress was excessive!!  How many times did we need to see that?

Not everyone sits and watches QVC all day.  QVC is looking to snag in new customers and old customers who missed early presentations.

People don't have to watch 24/7 to channel surf and peek in to see what QVC is selling......And really are two and three presentations needed in the SAME SHOW!  Before the pandemic Q's sales and revenues had been declining for several years, so what they are doing isnt apparently working for them...there's something called "overkill".......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I would say...TSV overload!!  Too much is too much....