Respected Contributor

COVID combined wtih Ezpay brought down my Q shopping habit

Hi,

I am just reachout out to see if this happend to anyone else here.  when Covid struck and everything went sideways so did I!  Now I am digging myself out a big quagmire of Ezpay payments that quite frankly scares the heck out of me.  I have completely curbed my Q buying to get this under control and think when I am in the black I will no longer use ezpay ever.  Its truely evil for those who can't control themselves.  My hand is high in the sky raised!  Just wondering am i alone in this?  Maybe we need a support group.

Valued Contributor

Re: COVID combined wtih Ezpay brought down my Q shopping habit

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Hi,

I am just reachout out to see if this happend to anyone else here.  when Covid struck and everything went sideways so did I!  Now I am digging myself out a big quagmire of Ezpay payments that quite frankly scares the heck out of me.  I have completely curbed my Q buying to get this under control and think when I am in the black I will no longer use ezpay ever.  Its truely evil for those who can't control themselves.  My hand is high in the sky raised!  Just wondering am i alone in this?  Maybe we need a support group.

No, I don't think you are alone.  I'm weaning myself off of easy pay and trying to pay the full amount all at once going forward.  All of those $3's, $6's, and $8's every month add up without you realizing it.  I would only use easy pay now if I were to purchase a high priced item, which isn't very often, if it was a good deal, and would pay that off before considering another large purchase.  There are some things I wouldn't have now if it wasn't for easy pay so it does serve a purpose but, like most things, to be used in moderation.     :smileyhappy: 

Respected Contributor

Our local news did a story on this very thing this am.  Apparently, it is wide spread.  It sounds like you are getting a handle on it - good for you!

Trusted Contributor

I needed to stop using it as well, when my credit card showed so many QVC charges...

3 of 6, 2 of 5, 4of 6, etc.  I pay of my card each month, but those EZ pays never seem to go away. 

Respected Contributor

I was always paying off my card in full and then I just couldn't keep up and now am having to do a total no buy and dig out.  I have to curb my watching to accomplish this and it stinks.  I have been trying to stay away from the forums too but had to speak up.

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I was always paying off my card in full and then I just couldn't keep up and now am having to do a total no buy and dig out.  I have to curb my watching to accomplish this and it stinks.  I have been trying to stay away from the forums too but had to speak up.

@Sunnycorle 

You are not alone.  Other people have posted about the same thing.  You're smart to get control of it before it got too far out of hand and you had a serious problem to deal with.

As for staying off the forums, there are some threads here that touch base and talk about this and similar topics.  A decluttering thread in "Home".  The "Bee Hive" thread in Among Friends started as a way to help each other to stop needless buying and declutter what we already have.  It has morphed into a place where we tend to talk about anything, but we always welcome a newcomer that can add to our original common bond of not buying what we don't need.  Stop by and say hi!

And as you have already found out, starting a new thread about it brings others together so that everyone can help each other.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Sunnycorle 

You are not alone.  Other people have posted about the same thing.  You're smart to get control of it before it got too far out of hand and you had a serious problem to deal with.

As for staying off the forums, there are some threads here that touch base and talk about this and similar topics.  A decluttering thread in "Home".  The "Bee Hive" thread in Among Friends started as a way to help each other to stop needless buying and declutter what we already have.  It has morphed into a place where we tend to talk about anything, but we always welcome a newcomer that can add to our original common bond of not buying what we don't need.  Stop by and say hi!

And as you have already found out, starting a new thread about it brings others together so that everyone can help each other.

@geezerette Thank you for the invite.  I think i might join.  I need help.  I stopped watching Q and started watching Forensic Files. Keeps me from feeling so Murdery!

Honored Contributor

I applaud your desire to get out of debt. Sure, I use EZ pay on higher ticket items, but don't see the point on most things. What I hate the most is paying for Christmas gifts in April or for food that is long gone.

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle Not only QVC for me. From March, 2020 until now I spent zero at so many retailers I would normally see on my charge cards often. No Nordstrom, no Macy’s, no Chico’s, no Kohl’s, no Marshall’s, no TJMaxx, and for my Florida friends, no Evelyn and Arthur and no Anthony’s.  Two boxes of masks were the  only things i I bought from Amazon all year.

Just food on my Costco card for the most part.  Not enough on my rewards certificate for 2020:spending to pay my new annual membership fee.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops ...  good girl !!