Trusted Contributor

I've seen models treated worse on other shopping channels.

When Philosophy was on over the weekend, they would acknowledge the models by name.  I thought that was so nice.

As for the kissing/hugging between vendor and host, I'm good with that.  After all, they see each other a lot during a month and most hosts have been working with the same vendors for years. 

Honored Contributor

Life will be a lot more fun without looking for reasons to get upset.  

The model is not there to talk and be part of the sales team.  The model is there to lend her face/body to a show.  

Honored Contributor

Signs of affection are not appropriate in the workplace.  Therefore, nobody should be kissing and hugging anyone on air at QVC IMO.  And hosts should not be talking about how cute and adorable someone is (such as a vendor or crew).  I cringe when Jane Treacy talks about a male on the show (vendor or crew) being so cute and adorable.  That's not appropriate workplace conversation at all.

Honored Contributor

I just find it all so forced.

I mean there should be plenty of time for hugs and kissies prior to going on air, or afterwards, it only takes half a minute. When I was in an office environment and someone came back from an illness or extended leave for some reason, it was cake time in the "party room" with lots of "welcome back" with hugs, grab a piece of cake and fast walk back to the office ....

But when I went about my day and visited different departments for different reasons, I did not hug and kiss anyone when I entered the room (or left.... with whatever notebook full of info from that Department).... I'd probably be led to HR post haste....  Woman Frustrated 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@erichu wrote:

scenario - a makeup presentation with a model seated. The host greats the vendor, hugs her IN FRONT of the model, instead of stepping BEHIND her. Also, completely ignores her like she's not there. Am I the only one that finds this incredibly rude?

I agree with you erichu....that is simply rude behavior. Step behind the model and say hello to the vendor. I think those models work very hard and have extremely long days, give them some respect!!!

Regular Contributor

Thank you!! It's a lack of respect. A few of the hosts (sandra) ALWAYS acknowledges the model. They're part of the presentation.

Frequent Contributor

I think all the hugging and air kissing (muah muah) has gotten out of hand anyway. Not sure why that is needed.  

Trusted Contributor
Yeah, the world needs less kissing and hugging....sheesh