Honored Contributor

If you ask me........it would be like kissing the UPS guy (or gal).............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

I ALWAYS thought that the models should be greeted and/or introduced ("please welcome") by name before the "show" started-- Either before or after they introduce the vendor.  

Honored Contributor

@erichu wrote:

The model was one that's been with Bobbi Brown for a long time. In my opinion, she looked uncomfortable. She was being treated like a mannequin. At least say hello to her.

Actually, she is more like a mannequin as she is just there to demonstrate the product.

Honored Contributor

Knock off the kissing and be a good example.  Flu is rampant around  here, a lot of people are skipping the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch beauty shows.

The kissing is all for the camera and audience.  The host has probably seen the vendor ten times backstage before they came out for their presentation.

Really phony and annoying.

Honored Contributor

Hired help or not, they are humans doing a job on television and they should be acknowledged.  The kissing and hugging has always looked forced and phoney to me and unprofessional.  That doesn't mean the vendors shouldn't be warmly welcomed but but colds/flu going around, jeeze .... I would be hard pressed to do this and I'm not a germ nut.  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

THe stuff people can find to pick at and criticize is a constant amazement to me.

Honored Contributor

The models  are just a clothes hanger... nothing more. Paid to sit there emotionless  and quiet.....

BUT  I do think all the hugging and kissing is UNNECCESSARY!  I think just a hello greeting is enough.

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

The models seem to often be treated as the hired help, as in maids seen but not to be heard. Yet, they're being asked in fashion presentations how the garment feels now & such. If they have to kiss cheeks, they could step behind her insteadvof doing so over her head as if she's not a person. I don't care for the kissing, I doubt they're doing it off air before they go on stage.

They are hired help.  They are there to model. 

I know, but they do act as if they are beneath them. I meant hired help as in maids and social status. I actually have been a maid before when some treated me as if I weren't there, which was okay I was there to work and didn't speak, but a few others actually were nice and included me in conversations & ask me to join. @makena On TV it just looks bad to treat them as mannequins sitting there rather than a person ignored.

Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@makena wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

The models seem to often be treated as the hired help, as in maids seen but not to be heard. Yet, they're being asked in fashion presentations how the garment feels now & such. If they have to kiss cheeks, they could step behind her insteadvof doing so over her head as if she's not a person. I don't care for the kissing, I doubt they're doing it off air before they go on stage.

They are hired help.  They are there to model. 

I know, but they do act as if they are beneath them. I meant hired help as in maids and social status. I actually have been a maid before when some treated me as if I weren't there, which was okay I was there to work and didn't speak, but a few others actually were nice and included me in conversations & ask me to join. @makena On TV it just looks bad to treat them as mannequins sitting there rather than a person ignored.

No one likes to be ignored, for sure.  I don't think it's intentional.  I think the hosts are so involved in their presentation they don't stop to think about things like that.  The models are always present in one way or another, and they generally are not included in the presentation other than to sit/stand their and model.