Trusted Contributor

The only reviews that I've ever found helpful, are the ones that address specific issues:

This blush is fabulous-tells me only one persons opinion 

This blush is fabulous. It glides on, the color is saturated, but subtle enough it can be worn as just a natural hint of color, or layered, the color lasts all day, but, is easily removed, when you're ready. I have super sensitive skin, this product, has never irritated me in any way. 
Very helpful review. 

Anyone who would buy this blush, is a stupid fool! It would take you a month to receive this rip,off, over priced junk! 
I buy my blush, at the Dollar Store, works fine, and I always  look hot! 
Why would this review be posted? 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if for some the entire shopping experience...from the time the order was placed to after the box is opened and item examined, including contact with Customer Service, should be included in the review.

For example...Millennials are big on "experiences"...everything involved in buying something in a store or online from start to finish; which includes length of processing, shipping, and returns. Those "experiences" may determine whether they will shop with a first time retailer again.  

Others may think a review only involves the item that was purchased. 

I pass over reviews that are not helpful to me, but beginning to think the entire "shopping experience" is the way to go.  All of us want smooth shopping transactions.  We're not sent surveys like other retailers..."How are we doing?"

At the bottom of this page is "Feedback", but how many people know it's there or think it's the place to leave a review of QVC's performance?

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I wonder if for some the entire shopping experience...from the time the order was placed to after the box is opened and item examined, including contact with Customer Service, should be included in the review.

For example...Millennials are big on "experiences"...everything involved in buying something in a store or online from start to finish; which includes length of processing, shipping, and returns. Those "experiences" may determine whether they will shop with a first time retailer again.  

Others may think a review only involves the item that was purchased. 

I pass over reviews that are not helpful to me, but beginning to think the entire "shopping experience" is the way to go.  All of us want smooth shopping transactions.  We're not sent surveys like other retailers..."How are we doing?"

At the bottom of this page is "Feedback", but how many people know it's there or think it's the place to leave a review of QVC's performance?

-----

I get what you're saying, but, if I'm looking for a product review, that's all I want. 

The only shopping experience I'm going to judge by, is mine, because, frankly, I have no way of knowing, all the factors, that might have impacted someone else's experience. 

Contributor

I totally agree. I was looking at the reviews of the latest Vionic TSV and on the day there were already 4 negative reviews about sizing issues and heel height from people who had not purchased the boots.

I understand that people have opinions, but in my opinion, people should have purchased the product in order to review it. Now they may have purchased at another store, but they should have actual experience with the exact product. 

Like another poster has said, I now carefully read all the negative reviews to see if they are pertinent. It just seems not good form to me to start bashing a product that a supplier has worked hard to produce without knowledge.

If a customer has issues with size ranges or other details, then perhaps the best route is to write to customer support to ensure that their ideas are noted for future offerings?