Respected Contributor

Re: Returning more than one item in same box?

Could you clarify this: will return shipping still be taken off each item? I didn't ask the CS person but that really does make sense.

If that's the case, I might return items separately. There are some clothing items I have packaged and ready for return. I was going to wait to see if any other gifts come back to me but it doesn't seem worth it if I'm not saving money.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 lavendar said:

Could you clarify this: will return shipping still be taken off each item? I didn't ask the CS person but that really does make sense.

If that's the case, I might return items separately. There are some clothing items I have packaged and ready for return. I was going to wait to see if any other gifts come back to me but it doesn't seem worth it if I'm not saving money.

No, you will not be charged the 6.95 return fee for each item if you return multi items in one carton. I've returned up to 5 clothing items in one carton and only paid 1 return fee of 6.95. Q issued separate credits for each item including credits for the initial shipping charge. One of the 5 items would be "charged" the 6.95 fee, so the credit would reflect it.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This may have already been said and if so, please pardon.

If sending back items that go to different warehouses, in one box, your refund will take longer. Yes, you can put it all in one box. If it is grouped according to "type" -- jewelry/dresses -- the implication was that your refund would be processed quicker.

CS told me that you will not incur a return fee per item... but I would bet that you would need to monitor this. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 lavendar said:

I would not guarantee anything, but...in my cases and I think I have done it twice, I was only charged 1 return fee for 2 or more items in 1 package. As has been stated, they need to be the same type items in the package, i.e. clothing, jewelry, etc. Good luck.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I'm not going to rip apart what's ready to go but I am going to do some jewelry together and two bathrobes together.

I do get nervous; everything is so expensive and years ago (a long time ago) I did have problems.

Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Trix said:

Returning multiple items in one box will delay processing your return. The barcode system is set up only to scan one order number into the system as being received. The other items are then delayed in processing at QVC's end as they evidently have to go through a manual processing. If you are not in a hurry for the return or exchange to be done this is fine. However, if not, or you simply are not very patient, I would not return multiple items in one box. Furthermore, if using the easy return label you'll still end up paying the fee for using it for each item returned. If you are paying the postage at the PO then nevermind this point.

I usually don't have multiple returns, but determined a long time ago that although it may seem more convenient, it creates a bit of inconvenience (if you wind up having to call customer service in order to sort things out), and delay (for previously mentioned reasons) before everything is properly processed.

I have NEVER had a problem getting returns processed and never a delay and I return mutiple things in the same box a lot

Honored Contributor

I would not take the chance, to me it would be a huge hassle to be fighting with QVC over returns.

Contributor

I combine like items. Today I put 2 jewelry items in the same return envelope and sent them to Eagleville,PA from SO Calif for a total of $3.40 shipping. Quite a savings.
Honored Contributor

I return multiple things in one box, but they have to be like items such as 2 jewelry items. I never use Q's label when doing it. I print and pay for my postage at USPS.com. I can get priority mail with free delivery confirmation for less than at the post office or store and it arrives at Q in 2 business days.

I rubber band the receipt to each box/item. When done, I rubber band all the items together or put them all in a clear plastic bag (kitchen zip lock type). This forces them to take them all out when opening the package. I've never had a problem with a return that way.

Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I return multiple things in one box, but they have to be like items such as 2 jewelry items. I never use Q's label when doing it. I print and pay for my postage at USPS.com. I can get priority mail with free delivery confirmation for less than at the post office or store and it arrives at Q in 2 business days.

I rubber band the receipt to each box/item. When done, I rubber band all the items together or put them all in a clear plastic bag (kitchen zip lock type). This forces them to take them all out when opening the package. I've never had a problem with a return that way.

I think that would be the way to do it. I've only returned multiple items once and I did use Q's label and put the other on top of the box. I didn't get credit for both, but had no problems after I contacted Q.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*