Honored Contributor

Re: Returning more than one item in same box?

I've returned multiple items in one carton to Q & H with no problems at all. I typically save the plastic bags with the bar code labels for the individual items until I know for sure it's a keeper, repackage each item back into the plastic bag, and I include a copy of the invoice with each item-slip into the bag or tape it- noted with the reason for the return. If there is a defect, I always call CS so they can document the defect or damage issue, and confirm they will pay for the return. Listing the item numbers on the outside carton also helps the warehouse to process multiple items. HTH!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Returning multiple items in one box will delay processing your return. The barcode system is set up only to scan one order number into the system as being received. The other items are then delayed in processing at QVC's end as they evidently have to go through a manual processing. If you are not in a hurry for the return or exchange to be done this is fine. However, if not, or you simply are not very patient, I would not return multiple items in one box. Furthermore, if using the easy return label you'll still end up paying the fee for using it for each item returned. If you are paying the postage at the PO then nevermind this point.

I usually don't have multiple returns, but determined a long time ago that although it may seem more convenient, it creates a bit of inconvenience (if you wind up having to call customer service in order to sort things out), and delay (for previously mentioned reasons) before everything is properly processed.

Honored Contributor

I usually send an email to them with the item numbers that I am returning and let them know they will be in 1 box. They have always been like items; such as clothing. Then within usually 1 day, or less, I get a return email with any instructions they have. I have never had a problem, I do document on the package and the return slips for each item.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I do that as well, customer service gave me the ok a couple of years ago when I called, she did say to write multiple items in bag on the package, but I have never done that. I have always been credited for all the items.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't take the chance.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Trix said:

Returning multiple items in one box will delay processing your return. The barcode system is set up only to scan one order number into the system as being received. The other items are then delayed in processing at QVC's end as they evidently have to go through a manual processing. If you are not in a hurry for the return or exchange to be done this is fine. However, if not, or you simply are not very patient, I would not return multiple items in one box. Furthermore, if using the easy return label you'll still end up paying the fee for using it for each item returned. If you are paying the postage at the PO then nevermind this point.

I usually don't have multiple returns, but determined a long time ago that although it may seem more convenient, it creates a bit of inconvenience (if you wind up having to call customer service in order to sort things out), and delay (for previously mentioned reasons) before everything is properly processed.

Not true & this is per my experience--no delays returning multiple items as long as you include the proper documentation. ETA-only one return fee not multiples, despite having 4 items returned in one carton. Silly & wasteful to send back separate packages.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 snickster said:

I usually send an email to them with the item numbers that I am returning and let them know they will be in 1 box. They have always been like items; such as clothing. Then within usually 1 day, or less, I get a return email with any instructions they have. I have never had a problem, I do document on the package and the return slips for each item.

Great suggestion to send the email to Q listing the return items for added documentation!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/4/2015 Trix said:

Returning multiple items in one box will delay processing your return. The barcode system is set up only to scan one order number into the system as being received. The other items are then delayed in processing at QVC's end as they evidently have to go through a manual processing. If you are not in a hurry for the return or exchange to be done this is fine. However, if not, or you simply are not very patient, I would not return multiple items in one box. Furthermore, if using the easy return label you'll still end up paying the fee for using it for <em>each</em> item returned. If you are paying the postage at the PO then nevermind this point.

Not true & this is per my experience--no delays returning multiple items as long as you include the proper documentation. ETA-only one return fee not multiples, despite having 4 items returned in one carton. Silly & wasteful to send back separate packages.

Same as you are reporting your experience that is what I was doing -- reporting mine, and that of people whom I personally know. How nice that yours has been all positive. In fact, I had a mixed up LOGO order a few months ago which I called CS about before packing up anything. Following their instructions, the multiple items in the same box were not properly credited, and I had to call back -- more than once-- before the matter was resolved.

Trusted Contributor

I have returned several to many clothing items in the same box for years & have never had a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the great info. Did not know this.