Contributor

Return rather than exchange?

Hello all....  I just received an email stating that QVC returned the Clark's boots I purchased on the recent TSV.  I did send them back as the size didn't work for me, but i clearly marked "exchange" and wrote in the new size.  I just checked and they have the size and color requested in stock.  Does anyone actually look at the return form or do they just automatically refund rather than doing the "free exchange"?  I'm feeling frustrated and contemplating just leaving it as a return!

Valued Contributor

Re: Return rather than exchange?

Same thing happened to me with another item.  I contacted customer service and they said it was due to a "technical issue".  

Respected Contributor

@DocksideMomma wrote:

Hello all....  I just received an email stating that QVC returned the Clark's boots I purchased on the recent TSV.  I did send them back as the size didn't work for me, but i clearly marked "exchange" and wrote in the new size.  I just checked and they have the size and color requested in stock.  Does anyone actually look at the return form or do they just automatically refund rather than doing the "free exchange"?  I'm feeling frustrated and contemplating just leaving it as a return!

I sent back a pair but for a different size.  My order status shows "returned - refund" but they did ship out the larger size I requested.  Just call them.  It could all be straightened out with a phone call.

Honored Contributor

There are many threads on the forums where others have had the same problem.

It seems they need to have a staff meeting with the warehouse manager and staff to inform THEM of this new policy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Has anyone had any experience with the return of an exchanged item for credit?   Do they charge return shipping and the original (1st) shipping that was "free" with the exchange.

Esteemed Contributor

@DocksideMomma wrote:

Same thing has happened to me 2 times i went to exchange in the last few weeks (since their "free exchange campaign).....and both times i indicated i wanted an exchange and they refunded me and made it a return.......i contacted them and said the item had been and was still in stock

and i had requested an exchange...each time they told me there was a "processing error"  (2 times??) and the item was received and processed as a return........BUT if i wanted the item....i could always order it again...w/o free shipping of course....don't have much faith in this spectacular offer they are claiming......what are the odds that happens to me two times....I VERY rarely have sent back an item for exchange...but have had some issues with size, etc. the last couple weeks....i just sent a sweater back for a smaller size .....can't wait to see if THIS time it comes back properly or i see it "returned" on my order status again...

Respected Contributor

I posted on this last week and said I had no problems.  Well, I spoke too soon.  The exact same thing happened to me with a purchase of D&C jogger pants with zip detail.  They were too large and I sent them back for an exchange, clearly marked with the new size.  I got an email saying they credited my card.  Then I received an email saying my exchange was processed and the pants would be delivered in about seven days.  When I looked at my credit card, they had in fact credited the card.  I looked at my orders and nothing was being processed to re-ship.  I just let it go and didn't call and ask for the replacement.  Leaving the return as is. 

Honored Contributor

I think free exchanges is a scam, I would like to know how many people are successful getting an item exchanged for free!