Contributor

Just curious why some return shipping charges are $6.95 and some are $8.95?  It can't be because of the weight of the item because I noticed it on the same item (just different colors) that was shipped in 2 different bags.  

Respected Contributor

Never had that on a bagged item.  I do know it can have to do with weight or the size of a box.  Good question.

Trusted Contributor

@HawaiianStyle wrote:

Just curious why some return shipping charges are $6.95 and some are $8.95?  It can't be because of the weight of the item because I noticed it on the same item (just different colors) that was shipped in 2 different bags.  

my guess is the destination of the return. I know if I ship something, its not only the weight but the zip code of the package return. qvc has warehouses everywhere.

QVC Customer Care

@HawaiianStyle wrote:

@HawaiianStyle  Good Morning,  It is actually based on weight, see more info under Customer Service FAQ. 

Susan

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification.

Restrictions and limitations may apply.

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

Trusted Contributor

Any time I'm returning something in a bag or small box, I compare what the shipping cost would be if I paid for it seprately from USPS.  Its usually cheaper.

Trusted Contributor

Why can't they just charge the same for return shipping that we pay for original shipping? What more do they do that requires extra $ to return it?  They have to process it to ship it and process it when it's returned.

Super Contributor

Re: Return Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

No Nordstrom and Amazon Prime charges at all!  Fast delivery, too.