Respected Contributor

Which hosts are retiring or not being kept on?  Some confusion in a previous chat.

Honored Contributor

I have not heard anything about hosts retiring.  Just those 4 who were laid off.  (Antonella, Stacey, Gabrielle and Kristine)

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette 

ANTONELLA????

IMO, she's one of the best, the rest can go and I can think of several choices to let go in Antonella's place!

Like QVC can go any further downhill with all of their problems in shipping orders, processing orders, processing returns, etc., now this.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  .....  I feel sorry for all the employees laid off. But at the same time I wonder if they might be the lucky ones. Would you rather jump as the ship is sinking or stay till it sinks all the way?

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

VERY good point!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Re: Retiring hosts?

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@KingstonsMom  .....  I feel sorry for all the employees laid off. But at the same time I wonder if they might be the lucky ones. Would you rather jump as the ship is sinking or stay till it sinks all the way?

Again, as said in one other post: I'd rather stay with the ship as jumping into the ocean with no life jacket, raft etc = certain horror. There are NO Jobs for QVC employees to go to!!! Unemployment is not fun. Esp when it could be very long term!!!!! Think about it.

Low paying jobs are not a match for a QVC host. This is an employer market for the few jobs that do exist. 4.8 million unemployed! Get in line.

BTW: unemployment benefits are only given if your are terminated/fired. Not leaving on your own accord.

Esteemed Contributor
They may have received a very generous severance package. No one here knows.
Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg    I also feel sorry for the laid off employees.  But I look back to when I was living in the Pittsburgh area.  I was on maternity leave when my employer notified me that my job was no longer there.....so no job to come back to.   The company was sold a month after I left.  Fast forward...new career...now living in Eastern Pa.  My teaching position was eliminated after I had been there 16 years.  Older teachers with seniority were the first to go.  At the time I was upset...because I could have worked longer. But now I am almost thankful.  At my age I could never handle what is expected of the teachers today during this pandemic.  I feel sorry for them.  So maybe things do happen for a reason.  Hopefully the laid off QVC hosts will find other employment and start fresh.  I wish them the best.  

Trusted Contributor

@firestorm  .....  Me. I would rather jump before sinking. Most of the host have degrees in other fields. Most have spouses with jobs. Most live in the Philadelphia area.

Without knowing their degrees or what the job market is in that particular area I can not say there are NO jobs for QVC employees.

All I can say is the ship is sinking. I would start looking for another job.

Respected Contributor

Re: Retiring hosts?

[ Edited ]

Retiring Hosts... No way. All of them don't seem to be looking to retire.  Do we actually know if QVC is in financial trouble, or is just an assumption? I don't think they are. I think they have been doing this streamlining since the HSN /QVC a merger. During this pandemic while companies like Brooks Brothers, J.Crew among many others were struggling to survive, The Q and HSN didn't miss one hour of broadcasting which means plenty of sales. This was not a bad thing at all. I commend them, but they probably realize it's time to change their ways before they begin to falter, like losing the Q 2 live broadcast, and just rebroadcast. They have already implemented this on HSN 2. HSN is the guinea pig for everything they do now, if it works there then it can work here.