Super Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@KingstonsMom  .....  I feel sorry for all the employees laid off. But at the same time I wonder if they might be the lucky ones. Would you rather jump as the ship is sinking or stay till it sinks all the way?

Again, as said in one other post: I'd rather stay with the ship as jumping into the ocean with no life jacket, raft etc = certain horror. There are NO Jobs for QVC employees to go to!!! Unemployment is not fun. Esp when it could be very long term!!!!! Think about it.

Low paying jobs are not a match for a QVC host. This is an employer market for the few jobs that do exist. 4.8 million unemployed! Get in line.

BTW: unemployment benefits are only given if your are terminated/fired. Not leaving on your own accord.

Actually varies by state - in Illinois, for example, you can petition for unemployment even if you quit a job.

Super Contributor

Jane Treacy did leave for a while, but came back.

Esteemed Contributor

They should keep the hosts and eliminate the product representatives. 

Honored Contributor

I still miss Cathey Pedrayes.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

Jane Treacy did leave for a while, but came back.

Lol, I remember that!

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
Elise Ivy is on with Shawn tonight 7-17-20. So rumors of her firing are not true
Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

If it were me, I wouldn't voluntarily retire....I would wait for a financial severance incentive offer to do so.  

Any large company I have worked for offered severance packages to people who were considered management level.  I would think the show hosts would qualify.

You bring up a good point. I wonder if any of them got the golden parachute. But I doubt the suits would make sure the departing hosts get as little --  if any -- severance as possible.

Respected Contributor

They need to completely refocus but, will be fine I think. QVC sells too many junky brands (although they do sell-This must be the QVC customer) but, in general, they need to do a complete overhaul -  Why aren't they bringing on the annual winner of Project Runway to create a line or focusing on introducing younger, talented designers. QVC has become old and drab, boring! 

With Amazon now offering a live show, QVC needs to step it up!

Respected Contributor

So, what.  It doesn't mean that they would want to leave.