New Contributor

Re: Repitition of the same products..over and over and over..etc,,,,

I feel your pain!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Lexie wrote:

Why does QVC find it necessary to promote the same products over and over...example: Dell, Wen, Dooney and Bourke, Temptations, Susan Graver (with her obnoxious loud voice and behavior) etc.  Are these all products from the past that have not been big sellers and they are cleaning out their inventory??  I had to change the channel when I noticed that Kristen was "selling" the TSV (probably an old model)..it would only have been worse if Courtney was "selling" it.Smiley Tongue

Because they sell!!!

If you go back and compare their financials it used to be increases in units sold were at 5-9% Now they are lucky to get a 3-4%....And during some quarters HSN has actually beat QVC in terms of percentage of units sold.  What QVC is doing with all the repetition is allienating their LONG TERM customers.  QVC seems content to attract new or "drive by customers" (those that purchase one item and are done with QVC) and QVC doesn't  seemed concern at all with customer retention...Which is odd because HSN puts that in their finanncial reports.....And it's funny how QVC has adopted HSN's sales gimmicks with recent emphasis on the Q card and extra easy pays or easy pays anytime if you use the Q card (a page right out of HSN's promotions) And more easy pays and one time only--QVC's ventures where millions was spent on SEND THE TREND and OODLES doesn't appear to have helped.....and recently QVC bought Zulilly in an attempt to attract a younger demographic......it appears QVC is hurting....

Oh and if you combine QVC USA and QVC International markets, QVC had a 1% decline in the last quarter (they really took a hit in foreign markets due to unfavorable exchange rates---so why would they open a market in France????) 

I'd add it appears customers are also reaching a saturation point. They might or might not be selling a ton of these often repeated items and the seasonal items they bring in every year, but they clearly aren't always selling them out. I was going through channels last night trying to find something on television that was remotely entertaining and as of the last TSV presentation, all the colors of their space heater were still available... They might well know what sells, but they also need variety if they want to keep customers hooked in, and it's been significantly lacking in recent years.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Bravo to Lexie and all about the same products being shown over and over again! A comment to Lexie-I won't watch Kirsten or Courtney. QVC and the suppliers like Philosophy, Dooney and Bourke, Susan Graver, Wen etc.must have made a fortune for themselves and QVC.  

Honored Contributor

I'm beginning to think that QVC gets a "share" of IT cosmetics sales!!! The brand came out of nowhere, knocked Bobbi Brown w/ 5 stars on most products off the air & we rarely see BE, Mally, Geller, etc. The CUSTOMER CHOICE BEAUTY AWARDS is a joke. Who voted & the Q expected us to believe the vendors were ALL waiting to hear their names announced in evening wear? Reality check needed here. It's an insult to my intelligence & after 1st presentation, I realized it was a hoax and turned it off!!!

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree!!!!!!!!! Add Josie Maran to the list of products promoted over and over again. By the way, Leah is great EXCEPT for her constant giggling.

Esteemed Contributor

If it's not infomercial hell, it's holiday junk. This time of year I seldom launch any shopping channel app. I even quit watching much tv shopping at all. I prefer to have TCM on. If I want to look at something I can do it online when I want to. 

I think of tv shopping and infomercial presentations as time thieves. I've taken that power back and only watch what I want to watch -- a 500 channel shopping channel universe is not useful to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting that this thread is two years old!!!!

And QVC now is combined with HSN and is bigger than ever, so THEY must believe ti works...

But for ME the customer?

It's like being in a one-aisle store. You go down the aisle and look, and when you reach the end, you turn around and re-trace your steps, over and over and over and over until you know EVERY little detail and speil of each item....

I agree 100% with the "infomercial and Christmas Junk" assessment....the stuff looks like dollar store junk, and the repetition is ridiculous, ESPECIALLY on the TSV..I thought I'd go insane if I saw that air fryer one more time last week!!!

And don't get me started on the 10,000 iterations of humidifiers....the puffing and steaming and many colors and the puffing and steaming and many colors and the puffing and steaming and the many colors ...and...one for EACH Room of your house!!!!!

And PLEASE...no BEDS for sale in the middle of ITKWD...although I think they FINALLY got that message, although we'll see...today he'll probably have an hour of tablets in the middle of the overpriced pre-cooked food glop and the ubiquitous Copper Kraaaap (chef) stuff....

PS: I keep it on in the background, and as annoying as these shows can be, at least there is NO politics, sadness,  nastiness, meanness and opinionated blowhards...

Just nice silly overhyped junk peddled by beaming well paid dancing salesfolk!!!

Rant Over. Think I'll buy some QVC stock tomorrow!!!!