Esteemed Contributor

Re: Repitition of the same products..over and over and over..etc,,,,

You'll be happy to learn that tomorrow's TSV will be...badda bing..PHILOSOPHY.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lexie wrote:

Why does QVC find it necessary to promote the same products over and over...example: Dell, Wen, Dooney and Bourke, Temptations, Susan Graver (with her obnoxious loud voice and behavior) etc.  Are these all products from the past that have not been big sellers and they are cleaning out their inventory??  I had to change the channel when I noticed that Kristen was "selling" the TSV (probably an old model)..it would only have been worse if Courtney was "selling" it.Smiley Tongue

QVC isn't an entertainment program.  It's mega retailer and they showcase the brands and products that they know will sell.  Perhaps you should look at the program guide and only watch the "show" that interest you.  I can't imagine sitting and watching hour after hour of QVC programming the way I did 20 years ago.   

Any good retailer turns their inventory over.  How many stores do you know that keep the same clothing on the floor all year long?  They must not be selling if the same merchandise is still around a year later.  I check the web page and the same things are hanging around all year.  

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

You'll be happy to learn that tomorrow's TSV will be...badda bing..PHILOSOPHY.

Such innovation... It really is...

Positively stupefying...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb well said!

Respected Contributor

@febe1 ha, well that scratches another day when I might have watched QVC.  I don't care for philosphy much any more.  I have a few items that are auto-delivery that other people enjoy as gifts so I'm going to let them continue on until the auto-delivery runs out.

Yep, I will indeed turn the tv off when there is nothing on it that I want to see.  That goes for QVC, as well as other programming.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Lexie wrote:

Why does QVC find it necessary to promote the same products over and over...example: Dell, Wen, Dooney and Bourke, Temptations, Susan Graver (with her obnoxious loud voice and behavior) etc.  Are these all products from the past that have not been big sellers and they are cleaning out their inventory??  I had to change the channel when I noticed that Kristen was "selling" the TSV (probably an old model)..it would only have been worse if Courtney was "selling" it.Smiley Tongue

Because they sell!!!

If you go back and compare their financials it used to be increases in units sold were at 5-9% Now they are lucky to get a 3-4%....And during some quarters HSN has actually beat QVC in terms of percentage of units sold.  What QVC is doing with all the repetition is allienating their LONG TERM customers.  QVC seems content to attract new or "drive by customers" (those that purchase one item and are done with QVC) and QVC doesn't  seemed concern at all with customer retention...Which is odd because HSN puts that in their finanncial reports.....And it's funny how QVC has adopted HSN's sales gimmicks with recent emphasis on the Q card and extra easy pays or easy pays anytime if you use the Q card (a page right out of HSN's promotions) And more easy pays and one time only--QVC's ventures where millions was spent on SEND THE TREND and OODLES doesn't appear to have helped.....and recently QVC bought Zulilly in an attempt to attract a younger demographic......it appears QVC is hurting....

Oh and if you combine QVC USA and QVC International markets, QVC had a 1% decline in the last quarter (they really took a hit in foreign markets due to unfavorable exchange rates---so why would they open a market in France????) 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@febe1 ha, well that scratches another day when I might have watched QVC.  I don't care for philosphy much any more.  I have a few items that are auto-delivery that other people enjoy as gifts so I'm going to let them continue on until the auto-delivery runs out.

Yep, I will indeed turn the tv off when there is nothing on it that I want to see.  That goes for QVC, as well as other programming.

Seriously @GinaV24 @febe1... and today is yet another version of a coffee maker, oh and our weekly Day 2 of In The Kitchen... For me, yet another day not to tune in... Such a stale formula...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb yes, I won't bother watching QVC today. I had scratched Wednesday off as not interesting because they always focus on kitchen/cooking, just like Sundays.  I don't need new stuff for my kitchen - at least not the stuff that QVC is selling.

Honored Contributor

I know @GinaV24, another day of the week I pretty much know  I don't even have to look at the lineup to know there's nothing I want to see. Like I said, such a stale programming formula. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb yes, I agree, not only are the products repetitive but the time, too.  Tuesday is beauty day most of the time and really I already have enough "stuff" that I have been going thru and donating unopened extras or giving it away to friends. 

I understand that people like different things and that's great but over and over and over is monotony.