Regular Contributor

Repitition of the same products..over and over and over..etc,,,,

Why does QVC find it necessary to promote the same products over and over...example: Dell, Wen, Dooney and Bourke, Temptations, Susan Graver (with her obnoxious loud voice and behavior) etc.  Are these all products from the past that have not been big sellers and they are cleaning out their inventory??  I had to change the channel when I noticed that Kristen was "selling" the TSV (probably an old model)..it would only have been worse if Courtney was "selling" it.Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Repitition of the same products..over and over and over..etc,,,,

That's the reason I quit watching - WEN don't watch - SG don't watch & already have 3 Dell computers so no interest.

And 3/4 of the new clothing designs I wouldn't be caught alive or dead wearing.  Same Same Same all the time.  You have my vote!

Trusted Contributor

QVC (a retailer in business to make money -- not alleviate our boredom) airs the items on which it makes signifivant profit margins ultiple times because millions of people tune in throughout the day at different times.  To garner the most sales, QVC must air items repeatedly.

Despite what some people on these board seem to think, not everyone watches televison on the same schedule as others.  As we all have multiple channels available to us as well as the compendium of the worrld's knowledge right at our fingertips, perhaps one should move on to other things if boredom sets in.

Valued Contributor

Somedays seem like QVC is heading into being nothing more than an infomercial. The presentations for a TSV like Dell, or Wen, or Vitamix are so long.

Trusted Contributor

I do agree! Long boring hours and hours of awful programing. Philosophy with the bowl of soap suds....looking at a bed or computer....listening to that racket made by the overpriced blender...It cosmetics and the Vendor with the too tight dress on....oh and not to forget overpriced ripoff Dooney Bags for endless hours. Only to name a few.

Valued Contributor

@Lexie wrote:

Why does QVC find it necessary to promote the same products over and over...example: Dell, Wen, Dooney and Bourke, Temptations, Susan Graver (with her obnoxious loud voice and behavior) etc.  Are these all products from the past that have not been big sellers and they are cleaning out their inventory??  I had to change the channel when I noticed that Kristen was "selling" the TSV (probably an old model)..it would only have been worse if Courtney was "selling" it.Smiley Tongue

Because they sell!!!

Honored Contributor

Although there is no way to prove it, I think QVC is selling air time with the use of their hosts to companies for infomercial types of advertising.  Just look at WEN...anytime of the day or night you can find what seems like endless advertising on cable and satellite TV.  Money seems to be no object where this company and advertising are concerned.  Most of these, the most boring and repetitious of presentations, are on week-ends.  Whether or not this is prime time for advertisers, I don't know but it could be.

All I know is that I personally get really sick of it, especially some of them.  I'd rather take a beating than watch a session of WEN or Philosophy, and yes, the TV is off today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think not watching QVC all the time is a good idea.

I also think every single shopping channel shows only what they think will sell and make them a profit.  If they don't find the right combination of products they will disappear from the retail landscape.  Like Gimbels and Altmans and A&S and Stern's and Gertz and so many others that never found a way to survive.

I give QVC lots of credit for day after day finding products to sell that 50,000+ consumers want - and that's often just the TSV.

Still, I have no doubt I'd be bored if I watched hour after hour.  I know there's practically nothing I could binge watch that wouldn't bore me after the third hour.  No reason for me to watch QVC for a gazillion hours any more than I'd spend that many hours in any department store in the neighborhood.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago there was a larger variety of items and brands presented on the Q. Now it seems to be the same items presented ad nauseam. I know I watch or have it on a lot less these days.

Super Contributor

What .... QVC still on?