Respected Contributor

Re: RYKA- the brand has cheapened its quality

I believe, several years ago,  Ryka changed the country where the shoes were manufactured and this contributed to the loss of quality as well as the fact that the company changed ownership.  I haven't purchased them for years but also remember how wonderful they were when they first came out. 

Trusted Contributor

There was another thread on this topic a couple of weeks ago that I commented on and someone recommended NurseMates brand.   I ordered a pair, have received them and like them very much. They are lace up, which I wear for walking.  

Trusted Contributor

I feel the same way about Skechers, and again not just at QVC but also in stores. They no longer fit me the same though my size in other brands have not changed. It's sad to see valued products go down the same road to cheapen their cost. RAISE the price if need be, but short change me and my expectations.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

@Katrinka23 wrote:

Not only Ryka. I notice this with Clarks also and not just at QVC.  Not the usual quality and styles once offered in the past.

I've noticed Clarks have decreased in quality many years ago.  Sizing is "all over the place" too with shoes and clothing.  

Respected Contributor

I wore Ryka's for years and years.  The quality has disappeared.  So sad.  I now wear either Brooks or Hoka's.  Price difference is worth it.  Good, solid, comfortable, and supportive shoes.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant 

I agree!  I ordered the TSV shoe in my normal size.  I have several Ryka that are made much better but these shoes I couldn't get my foot in (much too small).  

I returned them and marked defective.  Over the weekend went to  Kohls bought Asics on sale and used my kohls coupons and cash.  They were under $40 and fit perfectly!

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair and tried on many other Rykas at DSW and I agree.  Not good quality anymore just like so many other things.  Too bad....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I too agree......

I also think Clarks ans Sketchers have also. You can't just buy a pair of those in your normal size and expect them to fit anymore....

Valued Contributor

@Katrinka23 wrote:

Not only Ryka. I notice this with Clarks also and not just at QVC.  Not the usual quality and styles once offered in the past.

I noticed this with Clarks as well, even from their website.  This has been the only brand I've purchased for well over 20 years but lately the quality is down and I can no longer find shoes with velcro, which I need as my feet swell from time to time, and I could make adjustments as needed.  Can't find any Clarks, if at all, with velcro these days.   

Trusted Contributor

I think most of the brands are cheaper quality.  So mass produced no one cares about quality.