Respected Contributor

RYKA- the brand has cheapened its quality

[ Edited ]

I have bought Ryka sneakers for many years, I recently purchased  A570462

I have 2 other pairs in my closet from a couple of years ago. I rotate sneakers and they last longer, The difference in quality is remarkable- the older pairs have thick soft cushioning all around the ankle and on the inside bottom of the shoe.

The new pair barely has any.

Consumer reporters call this 'shrinkflation'- you pay the same or more for a product but the company is giving you less.

I left a message on Leilani's Facebook page.

My last pair of Ryka's that's for sure!

Honored Contributor

Re: RYKA- the brand has cheapened its quality

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's just the shoes QVC sells or overall. I don't find them suitable for exercise walking.

Regular Visitor

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this thread seconds after ordering a pair of Ryka shoes, lol.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Does anyone think Ryka lowered its quality overall...including shoes to other retailers, or is it just QVC?

I noticed when manufacturers make a lot of something to be sold specifically for QVC at lower QVC prices, quality goes down.  

Respected Contributor

Add me to the list of disappointed when it comes to Ryka athletic shoes.   I too have notice their athletic shoes no longer have that 'comfortable, supportive' feel about them.  Additionally, the quality of materials have gone down while the price has gone up.  I've moved on to another brand. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee No, the quality is actually inferior from years past. As a Jazzercise instructor we got a significant percentage off and ordered directly from Ryka. We all wore Ryka's for comfort. The last couple pairs I ordered weren't the same quality. They are not the same anymore, anywhere, not just QVC.

Regular Contributor

Not only Ryka. I notice this with Clarks also and not just at QVC.  Not the usual quality and styles once offered in the past.

Honored Contributor

In addition to poor quality, sizing on Rykas has become very erratic.  Seems like no two styles fit the same.  You order, maybe they'll fit, maybe not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Same here. I used to buy all athletic shoes from Ryka. Not any more. I thought it was my feet and I needed more comfort and supoport, so I went to Vionic, Spenco and Sketchers. I would never buy another pair of them....