Valued Contributor

Re: RYKA- the brand has cheapened its quality

Sorry to hear this. Ryka is my favorite brand. I bought four pair last fall and they all fit like slippers. I can't speak for the athletic ones though. Nothing stays the same. 

Valued Contributor

Agree, Ryka has definitely changed and cheapened their athletic shoes. Luckily I still have some old pairs in good condition that I still wear. I like the Vionic footbed but their shoes/sandals are too wide for me and I wear a Med. Spenco uses Memory Foam in most of their shoes now. I've never heard of an orthopedic brand using MF for support. Weird... I'll stick with my Birkis for good support and alignment. I just wish the Q would sell them again.
Trusted Contributor

Ugh I'm hoping that the Dash 3 is still the same because I need a new pair for spring.

For some reason I bought a style called Belong this year and and they were awful and I see they are already discontinued. They were the worst on wear as far as my toes popping through. I have this problem with all sneakers but these were bad in no time. And these white sneakers turned yellowish by month 2. I've also tried a version of Sky Walk and hated the fit.

I think every style is different which is fine and helps people find something that works. My real gripe with them is they discontinue everything. Dash was my favorite. Gone! Dash 2 I hated. Dash 3 was better. I had stocked up but ran out of my stash leading to me trying the new pair. I'm stocked up on my running ones which are of course also discontinued. I was so thrilled to find the original Dash because my heels didn't slip out and they also helped with my underpronation which is hard to find. 

If you find a pair you love shop around for sales and stock up people!

Valued Contributor

@pigletsmom Dash 3 is an online special of $49.99 right now on the Q. Are they worth it? Where did you find the original Dash? I like those too.
Trusted Contributor

@sugar plum I'm ok with the Dash 3 but I don't love them like I did the originals. Those were so nice and light and I think a little cushier if I remember correctly. I think these work for me because of the fit and I guess I'm in like with them. 

I haven't had the original Dash in years. I had no idea they discontinued and updated shoes so much since they were my first pair of Rykas. I absolutely couldn't believe how bad the second version was. Like why make an entirely different shoe? I would think a company would keep some core styles since it's hard to find the right sneaker and people will really stick with a brand and style if it works. I think of how long certain New Balances styles have been around. Sadly none of those worked for me.

Respected Contributor

I am about to order a new pair of Rykas from another site, but I think they are not a new style and have been sold for a long time. I will be really disappointed if they don't fit and feel like my other two pair I have had quite awhile...they are great. I think the lower quality for more money is everywhere. Some of this started way before COVID, inflation, etc. I regretted my last purchase of JR jewelry, L&L, and DMQ. They used to be good quality and my original Diamonique I have had and worn almost daily for over 20 years still looks like new. The piece I bought a little over a year ago had a stone missing when it arrived. The stone was inside the pouch it came in. Never had a tab break off a piece of L&L, which I have used since it was introduced on Q. A set I bought with colored lids about a year ago was just awful; seals popping out of the lids, tabs breaking off after only a few uses, etc. They don't make them like they used to, as the saying goes.  Ant justify buying any of these again. The quality just isn't there any longer. 

Valued Contributor

@pigletsmom Thank you for your review and response! I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Dash 3; the reviews are good but not QVC reviews. What to do, what to do...😒
Super Contributor

I agree the quality is no longer with the Ryka brand.  I have bought them from QVC since they were introduced and loved them, recommnded to many.  Recent pairs have split at seams and two pairs the soles have come loose.  They were not over a year.  I wear wide so this brand worked for me.  I walk and rotate according to my outfit and never got them wet.  Very disappointed.  Glad to see it wasn't me.  I will try Skechers, my niece works for them and we get a family discount once a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I quit buying Ryka when I bought the Devotion and within 6 months developed holes in the material. I now buy Easy Spirit. They work for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Neetgal2 wrote:

I agree the quality is no longer with the Ryka brand.  I have bought them from QVC since they were introduced and loved them, recommnded to many.  Recent pairs have split at seams and two pairs the soles have come loose.  They were not over a year.  I wear wide so this brand worked for me.  I walk and rotate according to my outfit and never got them wet.  Very disappointed.  Glad to see it wasn't me.  I will try Skechers, my niece works for them and we get a family discount once a year.

I had that happen too. So I stopped buying sneakers.

I then bought a pair of memory foam sandals. I wore them for the first time to walk the dog. By the time I got to the end of my block the sandals were so loose I had to dig my toes into the sandals to keep them on my feet. Never wore them again.

Time to part ways with Ryka.