Contributor

Quacker Factory Was The First!

To my knowledge, Quacker Factory was the first on QVC to put sayings on their shirts.  I still have many   Chase Dreams, Today Matters, Practice Kindness     Angel, I always loved these and would wear them on Fridays, when I worked at school.    Hope many of you still have them too.  Beautiful embroidery and a little bling.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory Was The First!

@Plain Ann- I agree; Quacker Factory was first.  Why?  Did this TSV vendor or the host try to say they were?

I have a lot of older QF tops with "messages" on them.  Beautifully embroidered, too.

Honored Contributor

I didn't "know" QF back then. I wish I did, and I wish they'd do something like that again. 

@Plain Ann - You might have just given the Peace, Love, World  vendor ideas for her upcoming items! Smiley Wink

Contributor

Yes, another day they said this one or another qvc vendor (can't remember which one)   was the first to put inspirational messaages on their clothes

Honored Contributor

I've never in my entire long life bought or have worn a shirt with words on it; dont intend to start now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wore my first talking shirt about a hundred years ago. It said,

I heart Aerobic Dancing. The shirt was white with what they called a French cut and the heart was red with the words in black.

I've found it best for me not to do again what comes around again.  

Honored Contributor

7569330E-68D0-4CAE-A83E-E8422D08CEF3.jpeg51DE8D28-0E65-4AC6-A140-E713FD93BC37.jpegC0568153-9C36-4FE4-B3D4-E1FE0199E371.jpegF2B43A9D-FD59-4CBA-A82D-85BAA01C872A.jpeg0C0F203B-D02C-4228-AFE7-5998DE61D942.jpeg

I find the the words on PLW inspiring. Oh well.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I don't care for clothes that have words on the front.  However, if someone wants to wear them, more power to them.

If I'm being honest (and I know it sounds dumb) but I resent anyone 'telling' me how to feel or think even if it is plastered on their clothing.

The reason I say that is because it's not like the person wearing the clothing can see it....can they.  That's why I resent anyone telling me (who will be looking at them how to feel).

I'm normally an outgoing and happy person around others.  I must admit where I live I haven't come across anyone wearing any of these clothes.

Years ago when my girls were teenagers, they wanted me to buy them Jordache and other clothing with the name plastered across it.  I said, "I'm not about to advertise for free anyone's clothing line".  If you want one of those shirts get a job and earn the money!

Two of my daughters did just that.  One became a lifeguard and the other daughter worked in the concession stand.  They were around 15 and 16 years old, if I remember.

Funny thing though when they got their pay check and compared the amount of money they had, they decided the shirt was too expensive to spend their own money on it.

Honored Contributor

There are many of us who still adore the older Quacker.  I go onto eBay and have found many items (many of them brand new and still in original QVC packaging with tags atttached) and I'm thrilled.  I especially love the older style sweatshirts (true sweatshirt material).  I wear them all the time and have ladies come up to me telling me they love what I'm wearing.  I wish QF would make these again only this time not seasonal, but rather floral or just fun designs.... 

I thought about buying yesterday's TSV but honestly didn't think I would like the fabric, oh and I didn't like the look of the cowl neck....  Smiley Sad   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Jeanne Bice the creator/designer of Quacker Factory always would say "shoot for the stars" and similar things.   Now the new brands claim they are the first.  QF also had inspirational sayings on their clothing.    I bought some QF, but decided some was "too loud" for me.  I always watched the shows as Jeanne Bice was so much fun to watch.